Anti-tank mines (x5)
The minelayer itself is armored enough to take a beating, but is light enough to reach respectable speeds. It can carry five mines at once and can refill at a Service depot for free. Mines are very dangerous and powerful and one badly damages a heavy tank, destroys a V2 rocket launcher and does moderate damage to a Mammoth tank. It can also be used to plant mines in enemy ore fields to destroy or damage enemy Ore trucks.
To deploy a mine, the vehicle must move to the desired area and must be double-clicked. A "crunch" sound will be heard once the deployment is complete.
Mines laid in ore fields cannot be destroyed just by regular force-attacking. To do so, move an infantry unit onto a mine, and order a Light tank, Medium tank or Rocket soldier to force-attack the unit. The shot will destroy the mine and cause only a little damage to the infantry.
The minelayer is not used anymore after the war.
- Reasonably cheap ($800).
- Fast and maneuverable
- Their mines are invisible to enemies.
- The mines are effective tank killers
- Useful on destroying enemy ore trucks.
- Can only lay five mines before returning to the service depot to reload
- Infantry are not affected by its mines
- Anti-personnel minelayer - the Soviet counterpart