|For other uses, see Armored personnel carrier.|
|Armoured Personnel Carrier|
M60 machine gun
5 infantry units
Ever since armoured warfare began, one of the important questions was how to keep the infantry with the tanks. Tanks without infantry could quickly be slaughtered by rocket infantry, which often necessitated an infantry screen. Furthermore, some infantry, such as commandos, needed a safe way to get in and out of difficult combat situations. The Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) was the solution.
The APC is small, heavily armoured and fast. Mounting a small machine gun, it is effective against all infantry. Its speed and ability to crush infantry make it highly effective against soldiers of all types, with the exception of the shock troopers, whose armoured suits prevented crushing
Although it can be used to transport engineers, the number of engineers required to capture most buildings means that this is often not an effective tactic. The APC can be chronoshifted, but any infantry inside are simply erased from time.
Compared to the Ranger, the APC has the same weapon, but is much more durable, and unlike the Ranger it can crush infantry.
Red Alert UniverseEdit
The Allied Phase transport was built around an M113 chassis in the aftermath of the war. The design eventually phased out after the war and was replaced by the Battle Fortress during the Psychic Dominator Disaster. The Soviets, however, designed their own APC known as the Flak Track, which was used in the Third World War and the Psychic Dominator Disastor.
- Effective against infantry and light ground vehicles
- Very fast and complements Rangers as scout vehicles.
- Reasonably cheap ($800).
- Can load up to 5 infantry
- Great for protecting engineers as it carries them into enemy territory
- Good armour
- Able to run over and crush most infantry.
- Vulnerable to anti-vehicles units
- Vulnerable to air units.
- If an APC is chronoshifted, all passengers inside will die as well.
- Vulnerable to against heavily armor vehicles and base defences.
- Incapable of squishing shock troopers
- In the Soviet campaign, some APCs appear to be on the Soviet side.
- The APC is depicted by the M113 armoured personnel carrier in the sidebar icon and in cutscenes.