Arms Race is a side challenge for Commander's Challenge.
- Security points in this challenge accumulate very fast, and doesn't stop until all Top Secret Protocols are unlocked (maximum 15 points).
- All superweapon countdown timers are reduced to one-third.
- Encaged yourself in the starting point is a not a good idea. Relocate your base to the sea for wider expansion area and better protection from enemy's ground force is a good stragery.
- But beware of Natasha and Soviet Navy.
- Oleg doesn't build Airfield in this mission, but heavily defends on his AA ground forces, like Bullfrog and Flak Cannon.
- Allied Arsenal is recommended, as it can obtain Free Trade upgrade, which improves resource collecting effort in early game.
- Chrono Rift helps protecting important buildings from Vacuum Imploder, or buys the player enough time to counter it.
- The Allied has 2 offensive support power, unlike the Soviet, which are placed in the same Protocol column, unlike the Imperial counterparts.
- Harbinger gunship is recommended, as it can easily deal with AA ground units, and can self-repairs. Advanced Aeronautics and High Technology both improves its capability. It is much cheaper and faster to build than the Imperial Giga-Fortress, and much more flexible than Soviet Kirov Airship.