|“|| We must look our best when the Brotherhood comes to visit.|
- Vega to Peter Tao
Vega had secretly allied himself with Kane in the years prior to the Second Tiberium War; at the time, Kane was believed dead by the world and still operated from the shadows. Vega's main base of operations was in Honduras, built on an island around an old pre-Columbian pyramid. Its main power came from a hydroelectric dam somewhere in southern Mexico.
The outbreak of war
The fall of Cesar
The remainder of the Second Tiberium War, however, went poorly for Vega. The general was ordered to secure a First Tiberium War-era "alien warship" from near Nod's Sarajevo Temple, and return it safely to Kane in Cairo. Instead, Vega's drug-addled mind decided to commandeer the 'stupid ship' in order to 'settle an old score in South America', and he ended up crash landing the vessel in the southern United States, right in front of GDI's advancing forces. The unfortunate mishap was compounded by GDI's subsequent capture of the ship, although the vessel's true prize, the Tacitus, was eventually salvaged by Anton Slavik against all odds.
|“|| Perhaps when McNeil arrives to kill you, you will take some time to learn from the man. I'm sure he'll teach you lessons you'll carry with you the rest of your life, which, by the way, is about seven minutes.|
- Kane's final words to Vega
When the Forgotten's leader, Tratos, was rescued from Nod captivity he provided GDI with the location of Vega's base. An assault led by Michael McNeil shortly thereafter overran Vega's best defenses. Cesar Vega's pleas for reinforcements fell on deaf ears; Kane was displeased with his general and expressed it by launching a nuclear warhead directly at Vega's base. With no way to escape, Vega overdosed himself on "Eye Candy" and died after a very brief interrogation at the hands of McNeil.
- ↑ Westwood Studios. 1999-04-01. NOD Forces Launch Savage Military Offensive. 2009-10-14.
- ↑ Selinske, Joe. Command & Conquer Bible: A Definitive Guide To The Command & Conquer Universe. Las Vegas, Nevada: Westwood Studios, 1999.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 6b: "Destroy Vega's Base".
- ↑ DeCandido, Keith R. A. (May 27, 2009). Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. Del Rey Books. ISBN 978-0345-49814-4.
- ↑ Westwood Studios. 1998-08-31. EYE ON NOD: GDI SPEAKS OUT - KANE IS DEAD. 2009-10-14.
- ↑ Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 6a: "Destroy Vega's Dam".
- ↑ Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 1: "Reinforce Phoenix Base".
- ↑ Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 2: "Secure The Region".
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. Nod mission 5: "Salvage Operation".
- ↑ Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 4: "Defend Crash Site".