|This article is about the Chinook in the Red Alert universe. For other Chinooks, see Chinook.|
The Chinook is an unarmed, versatile, twin-engine, tandem rotor heavy-lift helicopter. It saw extensive use during the Second World War by both sides as infantry transports and ordnance delivery units. Dubbed "flying APCs", they were capable of delivering infantry to any location on the battlefield and evacuate vital personnel, such as doctor Albert Einstein.
After the war the Allies discommissioned them in favor of the newer Nighthawk transport. The Soviets lost theirs along with most of their airpower as a penalty of losing the war and have not had a transport plane until the Twinblade in the War of the Three Powers
- Can be unlocked early in the game (only an helipad is required).
- Can load up to 5 infantry.
- Great for protecting engineers.
- Can travel directly over any terrain.
- Faster and stronger than the Badger.
- Expensive, at $1200.
- Vulnerable to all forms of anti-aircraft fire.
- Only appear in multiplayer games.
The in-game unit is modeled after the Boeing CH-47 Chinook helicopter.
- NightHawk Transport - The successor to the Chinook during the Third World War (Red Alert 2).
- Chinook (Tiberian Dawn) - The transport helicopter used during the First Tiberium War.
- Chinook (Generals) - The transport and supply helicopter used by the USA.
Infantry Rifle Infantry Grenadier Engineer Attack Dog Flamethrower
(RA multiplayer only)
Vehicles Ore Truck Heavy Tank V2 Rocket
Mammoth Tank MAD tank
Aircraft Hind Chinook
Yak MiG Badger Vessels Transport Submarine Missile Submarine
Campaign-only Volkov • Chitzkoi • Super tank • Advanced Tactical Submarine Production
Construction Yard Power Plant Ore Refinery Barracks Kennel War Factory Helipad Airfield Submarine Pen Advanced
Radar Dome Service Depot Tech Center Defenses
Barbed Wire Concrete Wall Ore Silo Flame Tower Surface-to-Air
Tesla Coil Iron Curtain Nuclear
Campaign-only Forward Command Post • Technology center Powers Spy Plane Paratroopers Parabombs Invulnerability Atom Bomb Items in italics are exclusive to expansion packs