|This article is about a mod. The subject matter of this article is therefore deemed both non-canon and non-official.|
|“||What would happen if in 1988, Soviet Leader Mikhail Gorbachev was assassinated?||”|
CNC Fallout takes place in the year 2009, in an alternate reality where the Soviet Union did not dissolve. World events over the prior 20 years see a dramatically altered military and political landscape, with the United States and NATO locked in a fierce stalemate in Europe, and the emergence of Australia as a military power. World War III begins when the Soviet Union invades northern Australia through Papua New Guinea, whilst pushing forces across their western border into Europe.
CNC Fallout replaces all elements in Tiberium Wars, introducing three unique factions: NATO, the Soviet Union and Australia.
Fallout's features include:
- Ultra fast-paced "pick up and play" gameplay
- 61 new units - Combine modern weapons systems such as M1A2 Abrams Tanks, Paladin Artillery, Humvees and Russian T-90 Tanks along with futuristic and high tech units including Plasma Assault Craft, Negotiator Cannons and the giant Liberty Assault Walker!
- Experiment with and utilize new and exotic weapons technology, including Metal Storm guns, antimatter weaponry and plasma technology.
- Real life locales - Fight in New York City, Washington DC, London, Paris, Moscow, Sydney and more!
- Breathtaking superweapons - Obliterate your enemies with a range of massively powerful superweapons, including antimatter cannons, nuclear weapons, cluster missiles, plasma pulse cannons, daisy-cutter bombs and more!
- All new intense soundtrack by Xenogenocide.
CNC Fallout features three new factions.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization: Comprised of Western Europe and North America, NATO is the most technologically advanced of the three factions. Its technological advantage, focused around plasma, is brutally brought to bear with units ranging from traditional Humvees and M1A2 Abrams tanks to the hovering Plasma Assault Craft and colossal Liberty Assault Walker.
- Soviet Union: After surviving their near collapse in the 1990s, the USSR has millions of conscripts at their disposal. They are ready to charge headfirst into battle supported by their heavy tanks, nuclear arsenal, and worse.
- Australia: Ever since Australia's NATO-assisted victory in the Australasian War, when the nation was invaded by its communist-backed neighbours, the Australian Defense Force has underwent a massive overhaul to become one of the world's most well equipped national armies. They rely on shoot-and-scoot tactics from mobile, highly upgradeable units backed by more powerful artillery and base defenses.
Initially under development for Command & Conquer: Generals in 2003, CNC Fallout was completely redesigned for Tiberium Wars. The mod celebrated its first year in development with the release of a full length promotional trailer, and was originally due for release in 2009. Version 0.1 was released on February 25, 2012, while 0.2 was released July 1, 2013.