| This article is written from a|
real world point of view.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert: Counterstrike is the first of two expansions for Command & Conquer: Red Alert, released in 1997 with some new missions for both the Allies and the Soviets. It was the first expansion pack to bring new units, however they were campaign only. Arguably, the main feature of this expansion was the four secret Ant missions complete with a new "faction" of enemies, the Giant Ants.
The majority of multiplayer maps were designed by Intelligent Games.
New Soviet Units
New Allied Units
- Prototype Nuclear MiG (enemy unit, can be obtained by ordering an engineer to capture the airfield when it's still in the air and capture the MiG after it has landed)
- Nikos Stavros
- Sarin Gas 1: Crackdown
- Sarin Gas 2: Down Under
- Sarin Gas 3: Controlled Burn
- Fall of Greece 1: Personal War
- Fall of Greece 2: Evacuation
- Siberian Conflict 1: Fresh Tracks
- Siberian Conflict 2: Trapped
- Siberian Conflict 3: Wasteland
- Proving Grounds
- Legacy Of Tesla
- Soviet Soldier Volkov & Chitzkoi
- Top O' The World
- Paradox Equation
- Nuclear Escalation
Secret ant missions
- Main article: It Came From Red Alert!
To activate the Ant missions, go to the main menu, hold Shift while clicking the speaker at the top right corner of the screen. Then select the difficulty.