|For other uses, see Confessor.|
The Confessor is a Nod officer and religious figure, working in interrogation and intelligence. He is equivalent to GDI's InOps operatives. Members of this caste can be assigned to lead militia squads, guiding the rage of the militants as well as preserving their faith (if need be by force) and educating them in the Ways of Nod. They are commanded by a Grand Confessor.
They usually wear black body armor along with a red cloak bearing the Brotherhood's insignia and a tall helmet with four visual receptors. They are armed with an advanced assault rifle and an array of hallucinogenic grenades, which can cause any enemy infantry unit, including even Zone Troopers, to panic and start shooting their own comrades.
|Hallucinogenic Grenades (passive)||Confessors hurl Hallucinogenic Grenades, causing enemy infantry to fire on each other for 6 seconds with a splash radius of 75. Hallucinogenic Grenades have a range of 250. Hallucinogenic Grenades are thrown against enemy infantry every 10 seconds. Confessors automatically throw the grenades at enemy infantry after a pre-attack delay of 1 second.|
|Subliminal messaging||The confessor and the Nod Militia attached to it receive +50% fire rate, +25% armor and and are +50% harder to suppress. Does not stack with itself.|
|Tiberium infusion||Tiberium Infusion allows Confessors to walk amidst the crystals without suffering from any negative effects and also provides a 10% health bonus and a 25% speed increase. (Ctrl+S).||This upgrade costs $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
Notably, Brother Marcion, a high ranking Confessor and an accomplished writer, played an important role in Nod internal politics after the Second Tiberium War. After taking control of the Black Hand, he redefined the roles of Confessors in combat, creating Confessor Cabals, who continued to serve as the basic frontline infantry of the Black Hand throughout the Third Tiberium War and beyond.
The Marked of Kane do not use Confessors.
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.09: no longer provides a rate-of-fire bonus to affected infantry squads
- In Tiberium Wars, a militant or rocket militant squad which is reduced to only their Confessor leader will change its voiceover to that of a Black Hand squad.
- In Kane's Wrath, the voice changes to that of a Confessor cabal.
- If a Militant Rocket Squad is reduced to only the confessor, the confessor will not automatically attack any targets, as the confessor range is shorter than the rocket squad and the game does not recognize the missing rocket men.
- The confessor checks his gun.
- Any other animation appears to be him looking around.