This is it Commander! Take out CABAL fast and hard: No mercy and no surrender. Find a way to get inside his defenses and take out the core. GDI forces are distracting CABAL and now is the perfect time to crush CABAL once and for all.
DATA LINK CLOSED.
- First Objective: Build your base and survive the initial onslaught from CABAL.
- Second Objective: Capture the 3 control stations to shut down the laser fences and firestorm defense system protecting CABAL.
- Third Objective: Destroy CABAL’s core.
Both of CABAL's auxiliary bases were destroyed by Nod and GDI. The time had come to end the rise of the machines once and for all. However CABAL still had heavy defenses to protect its core, and would not go down without a heavy fight.
Alternate method (shortcut)
There is an alternate (and 'illegitimate') way to complete this mission within a few minutes, using only a group of about 8 Devil's Tongues.
Capture the Radar and Hand of Nod near the starting position as soon as possible, and then start building up the base in the area. Construct some Refineries, then a War Factory, and immediately followed by the Nod Tech Center. Once the Devil's Tongues are available for construction, build a group of about 8 of Devil's Tongues.
After the location of the CABAL Core is revealed, send the group of Devil's Tongues to the back of the Advanced Power Plants and start burning them. CABAL's Firestorm Defense will go offline after the last Advanced Power Plant is heavily damaged, and the Core Defender will be activated. Send the group of Devil's Tongue to somewhere safe and wait for the Core Defender to go away.
As soon as the Core Defender is away, send the group of Devil's Tongues back to the CABAL Core and begin toasting his Core. The Core will probably be destroyed before even the Core Defender reaches the Nod base, completing the mission within a few minutes.
|“||Miscalculation in enemy inability, compensation initiated.
- CABAL([[if the Commander manages to disable the Firestorm Defense without capturing the stations|src]])
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun - Firestorm. Nod mission 9: "Core of the Problem".