Each Corrupter is equipped with a large tank containing a viscous, Tiberium-based liquid. Corrupters use a launching system inside their "mouths" to mix a strong acid with the Tiberium-based liquid and spray the solution at enemy targets - either to rapidly decimate enemy infantry squads, clear garrisons or degrade structures.
|Uncombine with Buzzers||Orders the Buzzer swarm attached to the vehicle to detach and roam freely (Ctrl+A).|
The Corrupter is primarily useful for its spray-healing ability, which is cost-effective due to the vehicle's relatively low price. As a weapon, the short-ranged spray is lethal against infantry and effective against structures but fares poorly against heavily armored units. Corrupters and Buzzers are the only Scrin units capable of clearing garrisons.
In Tiberium Wars, the Corrupter may occasionally create visceroids when it kills enemy infantry. These visceroids will attack their "parent" corrupter for a short time (causing no real harm), then come under its owner's control.
Despite the information in the unit's tooltip, the corrupter does not cause visceroid spawning in Kane's Wrath.
- Basic attack can repair Scrin vehicles and infantry
- Very fast attack
- High effectiveness against infantry and structures
- Can quickly clear garrisoned structures
- Reasonably quick movement speed
- Good maneuverability
- Fast enough to easily pursue or trample infantry
- One of the two walker units that can reverse-move
- Does splash damage
- Defenseless against aircraft
- Must turn its entire body to attack
- Almost useless against vehicles
- Relatively weak armour
- Short range