The technology was an application of their stealth research, in which light amplification techniques are used to produce these illusions.
This support power is good evidence of Nod's mastery over stealth technology by the time of the Third Tiberium War.
- Decoys can be deployed on any revealed terrain on the map
- Can be used as a front armor or shield for other units in the rear
- They can be used to divert enemy attention from the "real" units
- It can be used to scout an area or the enemy's base
- Its destruction does not count as a unit loss
- Gives no veterancy to enemy units upon death
- Decoy armies do output their own damage, though miniscule