Devourer Tanks are the Scrin equivalent of the human main battle tank (as opposed to the lighter Seeker). They pack more firepower and range than both the Scorpion and the Predator and can charge its weapon with Tiberium for a devastating green beam. Unlike most human tanks, the Devourer lacks a turret and so must point its body in the direction in which it wishes to fire.
Unlike other Scrin armour, the Devourer appears designed after human heavy tanks, albeit without a turret, but with higher range and speed.
Like Seekers, Devourers hover over the battlefield, but they are slower and more heavily armoured. Unlike the Seeker, Devourers are capable of moving sideways if necessary, in order to keep the proton cannon aimed at a target. This makes up for their lack of turret.
|Uncombine with Buzzers||Orders the Buzzer swarm attached to the vehicle to detach and roam freely (Ctrl+A).|
|Conversion Beam||Devourer Tanks can charge their weapons from nearby Tiberium fields or allied Extractors/Refineries, receiving a sizable boost in firepower represented by a green beam. The Tiberium charge inflicts 800 (Cannon) damage.|
|Conversion Reserves||Double the amount of Tiberium that a Devourer tank can hold, increasing the amount of charge to 20 shots with the cost to fully charge remaining constant at $100 worth of raw Tiberium (Ctrl+F).||Purchasable at Reaper-17 Technology Assembler for $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
Devourers are so called as they have been witnessed absorbing Tiberium in a similar fashion to the Scrin harvester; they seem to do so to charge their main weapon, a long-range proton cannon capable of dealing significant damage to armoured targets. In terms of raw firepower the vehicle certainly stands up to MBT-6 Predators, while consistently proving stronger than Scorpion tanks. They also have the longest range of any non-siege unit, able to fire upon human tank divisions well before they can respond, and when supercharged their range increases even further. Many Scrin Foremen exploit this advantage by firing on enemy tank divisions and moving back using their superior speed as the hostile tanks try to get within range. This tactic can destroy even Mammoth tanks if used properly.
Devourers have no protection against aircraft and are ineffective against infantry; however the Scrin know this and rarely deploy them without support.
Reaper-17 Devourer tanks can be upgraded with Conversion Reserves to stay supercharged longer.
- Can absorb Tiberium to supercharge its cannon.
- Better armoured than Seekers and Scorpion tanks
- Effective against vehicles
- Higher firepower compared to the Scorpion or Predator (although Railgun Accelerators can even this somewhat)
- Outranges base defences
- Fixed turret allows the Devourer to fight while facing enemies with its frontal armour without issue.
- Can easily kite enemy vehicles such as Titans just outside of their range when reverse moving
- Ineffective against infantry
- Slower than Seekers and Scorpions
- Less armour than Predator
- Unavailable to Traveler-59 subfaction
- Considerably more expensive than other tanks
- Fixed turret leaves the Devourer somewhat vulnerable to flanking