|Role||Anti-air personnel carrier|
|Transport slots||5 infantry units|
|Produced by||Soviet war factory|
|Ground attack||25 (FlakTWH)|
|Air attack||35 (20 when elite) (FlakWH)|
Increased strength, firepower, rate of fire, self-healing|
2 rapid succession shots while attack air unit.
Flak tracks' main purpose was the first line of air defense, with the flak cannon mounted on them. Excellent against aircraft, these cannons were also effective against lighter vehicles and infantry, but were poor choices against stronger tanks and buildings. Their secondary purpose was to transport infantry to the front line. Each flak track could carry up to 5 infantrymen.
This light Soviet vehicle is designed to defend against both air- and light ground-assaults. It attacks by expelling flak, much like the Flak trooper, which effective against lighter vehicles and infantry, but are poor choices against stronger tanks and buildings. Unlike the Allied IFV, flak tracks can squish enemy infantry. For example, they can run over enemy attack dogs before unloading engineers to ensure the capture of a key structure (this is popularly called the engi rush). The same tactic is used for Crazy Ivans and Cuban terrorists. Another one is used also for the Allied spies from Allied Barracks built/captured with Allied battle lab to create chaos for spies to sneak in.
- Yuri's Revenge (release version 1.000):
- SecondaryFireFLH properly set
- new quote set
Note: in Red Alert 2, the Flak track shares its quotes with the Rhino heavy tank.
- Armored personnel carrier ready!
- Ready for transport!
- Let's clear the air!
- Do you have a plan?
- What is the mission?
- Making tracks!
- I'll carry out the operation.
- Getting in closer!
- Cutting path!
When ordered to attack
- Firing salvo!
- Flak away!
- Tear them apart!
- Flak them down!
- Guns loaded!
In order: English, French, German, Korean, Chinese. Top row is standard, bottom row is veteran.
- This unit is inspired from a German made anti-air halftracks used by the Axis powers (the Sdkfz 251/17 - Sonderkraftfahrzeug (2 cm FlaK38), Sdkfz 10/4 & 10/5, etc.) during World War II. After the war, it is still produced by Czechslovakia as the OT-810 Half Track.
- The flak track also vaguely resembles a BTR-152 in overall shape; an actual Soviet APC and anti-air vehicle (albeit with 2 sets of rear-wheels instead of tracks).
- Flak track's original name was Half-track, as seen in the game files. This name is often restored in mods.
- OpenRA added a Soviet anti-air/anti-infantry unit inspired by the Red Alert 2 flak track, and dubbed it "flak truck".
- In Red Alert 2, when firing at air units, the smoke from the flak track's cannon is not properly positioned, as the SecondaryFireFLH value in rules.ini was not set. It was set properly in Yuri's Revenge.
- The flak track is one of the few Red Alert 2 units mentioned in Red Alert 3's background stories, being mentioned in the Bullfrog's unit profile.