LANDCOM 16 HQS.
CONGRATULATIONS. CAPTURING TECH CENTERS HAS REVEALED AN UNDERGROUND WEAPONS FACILITY. PLACE EXPLOSIVE CHARGES ON ALL GENERATORS. RESULTING EXPLOSIONS SHOULD DESTROY FACILITY. GET OUT BEFORE NERVE GAS IS USED.
The Allied capture of the two Soviet Tech Centers uncovered information of a secret underground weapons facility underneath the Iron Curtain base. Field Commander A9 is ordered to destroy it by placing explosive charges on all the generators. The resulting explosion should be enough to wipe out the complex. He is faced with a time limit however as the Soviets had prepared to contaminate the whole complex with nerve gas.
- If the player manages to find the terminal to destroy the Flame Tower behind the Mammoth Tanks, a storage area with some money crates becomes accessible. Being an indoor mission, there is no base to speak of, so the credits gained are of absolutely no use besides enhancing the player’s score.
- The hidden buildings in the top right corner, similar to those for Core of the Matter and Down Under, are part of the mission’s mechanics, with a Construction Yard and Advanced Power Plant for the friendly Flame Tower that gets built in the V2 hangar (the buildings coloured brown) and more power plants (coloured red) for the enemy defensive buildings. These are obviously unreachable and not able to be seen without modding.
- The friendly Flame Tower sometimes just barely survives the soldiers firing at it. If destroyed, it will be instantly replaced, but not more than once.
- Although instructed to “get out before nerve gas is used”, the mission ends instantly once the final charge is placed.
- Gas can be seen within the contained machinery in the middle of the map at around 15 minutes remaining. This is presumably the nerve gas being prepared to disperse into the facility and intended to increase the sense of urgency for the player to finish the mission.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Red Alert. Allied mission 13: "Focused Blast".