|“|| Even as we cleanse America of Soviet forces, they continue to play with their psychic technology, desperately hoping that their little toys will destroy us. We have discovered a Psychic Beacon in St. Louis. Take special agent Tanya in and destroy the beacon.|
- Mission briefing
With the defense of Pearl Harbor, the American military finally held a firm grip on the Pacific. The commander responsible for the succesful defence was even looking forward to some R&R at Hawaii, but the Soviet Union soon came up with another plan altogether. St. Louis, the heart of ground control for the Missouri state, came under psychic control of the Soviets, from a psychic beacon deployed by Yuri's adepts in the bombed out Busch Stadium.
Reluctantly, President Michael Dugan ordered an attack on the city, permitting the commander to open fire on American citizens if it's necessary for the destruction of the threat. Agent Tanya was to lead the attack, racing against time as the psychic influence bore through her training and mental resistance.
The city itself was under full control - all American soldiers and citizens were obedient Soviet slaves.
|“|| There's nothing worse for a soldier... than to lose her mind.|
- Special Agent Tanya, to the Commander
- The mission begins with Tanya and her team being dropped by plane into the city.
- When the Psychic Beacon is destroyed, the Americans launch an amphibious assault on St. Louis, deploying tanks and soldiers near the Gateway Arch. The forces include the new Prism Tank, a mobile version of the highly lethal Prism Towers.
- At the same time, the civilians will begin to flee towards the riverbed in the hopes of escaping the Soviets. Many of them will be brutally gunned down before they reach that location, however.
- Shortly afterwards, a team of Desolators will execute Several defenseless civilians who had been imprisoned in the city center as a means of intimidating the American forces.
- If the beacon is captured, all US forces that were with the Soviets, as well as a few Soviets go to your control.
Prepping blueprints for expansion...
Free Gateway is a stub and needs your help. You can help by expanding it.
Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
- Tech hospital just south-east of the Psychic Beacon.