The GD2 is a tried-and-true, burst-firing assault rifle. It was used by GDI riflemen as early as 2034 and remained in service during the Third Tiberium War and beyond. It was used by GDI soldiers on VIP protection duty as late as 2066.
The GD2 rifle appears in Tiberium Wars, Kane's Wrath and can be seen in the first episode of the Tiberian Twilight motion comic.
- The image accompanying the Rifleman Squad entry in the Intelligence Database is actually the original design for the Zone trooper railgun. The GD2 appears to be a slightly redesigned version of this railgun, being smaller in size and having a different barrel.
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI Weapons, Tactics, and Systems, "GDI Riflemen".
- Jason Bender. 2007-03-7. Command & Conquer 3 Faction Feature. IGN.
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. Nod mission 1: "The Rio Insurrection".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. Nod mission 13: "Tacitus Regained".
- Lanzing, Jackson (w), Martin Cocolo (p),Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight Motion Comic, episode 1: "An Unexpected Hero" (5 March 2010)