|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
Patch 1.04 for Command & Conquer: Generals was released in March 2003.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
- Changed the rules for disconnections. Now, only the players who disconnect from the game or physically lose their connection to the Internet are charged with a disconnect.
- Added a new three-minute rule on Generals online. Now, online matches need to be played for over three minutes in order to record a win, loss, or disconnect. This is to discourage players from artificially bolstering their rank and stats through a dummy account.
- Fixed occurrences of the same game appearing multiple times in the lobby. Generals now actively removes duplicate games in order to make finding and joining matches easier.
- All the chat rooms in the custom match lobby now have their own dedicated list of active games.
- Fixed improper disconnections from the game lobby. You should no longer see the "Lost connection to Generals online" error when your connection is still active.
- Fixed language filter stability.
- Added a new command line for mod developers that lets Generals run user-created content. Simply add the "-mod" command line after the generals.exe target path, followed by the name of any user-created .big file or user-created directory. The correct path would like this: "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command and Conquer Generals\generals.exe" -mod MyGeneralsMod.big. All user-created content must be placed in the "Command and Conquer Generals Data" folder within your "C:\Documents and Settings" directory.
- Fixed the missing artwork for the "random private" rank in Generals online.
- Fixed the rank hack where some players appear to have a higher rank than they should.
- Increased the allowed time for game to negotiate matching between players.
- Fixed some instances of the "serious error" crash.
- Added a new 4 player multiplayer map: Rogue Agent
- Implemented the following balance changes:
- Tunnel Network build speed increased from 5 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Marauder hit points increased from 430 to 490.
- Stealth Fighter hit points increased from 120 to 140.
- Explosion damage done by Chinese Nuke Tanks when they are destroyed is reduced from 25 to 10.
- Nuke Cannon changed so it moves the same speed when damaged, not faster.
- Aurora speed increased from 90 to 120 after it drops its bomb. Damaged speed increased from 60 to 120.