|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
Patch 1.07 for Command & Conquer: Generals was released in November 2003.
The downloadable patch executable includes all the patches that were released before it.
- Force fire – China's Gatling Tanks can no longer force fire through buildings.
- Rally points – added rally points to the GLA Tunnel Networks.
- Improved online stats – made improvements to the code that tracks statistics and disconnects in online games.
- Crash fix – fixed a crash bug related to the Particle Cannon.
- Desync fix – fixed a mismatch that occurred when ordering a unit to attack right after they exited a building.
- Region accuracy – User tooltip in the Custom Match lobby now correctly displays the user's region.
- Hero radar icon – Jarmen Kell, Black Lotus and Colonel Burton now have a special icon on the radar map.
- Chat sound effect – added an audio cue to the communicator to alert users to an incoming message.
- Text fixes – Fixed text errors in the tooltips for USA Drone Armour and China Nuclear Tank upgrades.
Firewall port override options item
Firewall Port Override values can now be set on the Options menu from the Main Menu.
The game will need to talk to external servers that use the following port numbers. These ports need to be open in your firewall in order to play on Generals Online:
TCP ports: 80, 6667, 28910, 29900, 29920
UDP ports: 4321, 27900
If your firewall does not allow outgoing packets to open ports to incoming traffic, or you experience problems connecting to other players, you will have to specify which port you want Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour to use for communicating with other players. To do this, go to the Main Menu and then select Options. There is a box labelled 'Firewall Port Override'. Assign the port you want to use to the port override entry. After you enter a port number, be sure to hit Accept.
You will need to open the chosen port in your firewall for communication with players external to your firewall or NAT device. If you use the port override feature, the port you have chosen can not be masqueraded by a NAT device.
"Direct Connect" does not support firewalls.
- The game's internal replay system does not differentiate versions 1.07 and 1.08, and both will result in the replay data referring to 1.07. This means the gameplay is identical between the two and the replays are mutually compatible.