|This article is about the Red Alert Soviet Grenadier. For the other Grenadiers, see Grenadier.|
More powerful than the standard rifle infantry, grenadiers are frequently present alongside rifle infantry. They carry large amounts of highly explosive grenades, which they throw at long distances to engage infantry and buildings, even hidden behind obstacles. Their units are easily distinguished from other infantry, as they wear dark blue belts which hold the grenades. However, due to the amount of explosives carried by them, explosions or projectiles could easily detonate one and kill a whole squad.
Red Alert Universe
They are effective at eliminating infantry quickly, sometimes in a single hit. In groups, they are effective against armored vehicles that are stationary, but they can also be effectively squashed by tanks. Fast moving infantry support vehicles can quickly finish off grenadiers. A big weakness the grenadier faces is when they are bunched up together attacking vehicles and units that get too close or pass through, which can cause unwanted friendly damage and suicides. Grenadiers that die explode, meaning that friendly infantry should steer clear of severely wounded grenadiers.
- Cheap (cost only $160)
- Effective against infantry and structures.
- May eliminate enemy infantry in a single hit.
- Deals splash damage to clumped units.
- Effective against vehicles in group
- Can easily be crushed by heavy armour.
- Vulnerable to anti-infantry units
- Vulnerable to air units.
- May cause friendly fire.
- Explodes when killed
- If they are bunched up, killing one cause a chain reaction of explosions killing all of them.