|The following is based on the Nod campaign of Tiberian Dawn and might contradict canon.|
|“||Our brothers within GDI tell of us of A-10 strike jets scheduled to be deployed here soon. Our suppliers have delivered new Surface to Air Missiles to aid you. Use the SAMs to defend your base, then seek out their base and destroy it.
- Mission briefing
Niger, the epicentre of Nod territory in Africa was threatened by the GDI's successful invasion of Nigeria. Kane sent his personal commander to conquer neutral Algeria and by so outmanuevring the GDI in Western Africa he hoped to be able to prevent them from pressing their assault into Niger.
In order to prevent this the GDI relocated A-10 Warthogs from Lagos in Nigeria to airbases in Mauritania. Once there they hoped to bomb Nod forces in Algeria into oblivion and terminate his Algerian offensive. However a sudden rebellion in Mauritania by Nod supporters gave Nod access to Mauritania and it's airfields.
- Light tank
- SAM Site
In order to safeguard Nod's offensive in North Africa, Seth delegated a promising Nod commander to invade GDI Mauritania and capture the airbases of the A-10 Warthogs that had been relocated there in order to bomb advancing Nod forces in Algeria.
The force was inserted swiftly into the combat zone through neutral Mali and after defeating minor GDI patrols, managed to assemble the local Mauritanian rebels and establish a base near Tidjikja in Mauritania. While some A-10s pounded this base, the commander managed to set up the SAM sites and eradicate the GDI presence in the region, securing the airfields and thus helping to bring about Nod's takeover of North Africa.
With the elimination of GDI airbases in Mauritania and the subsequent fall of Algeria, nearly all of northwest Africa fell into Nod hands, securing Niger against any GDI assault and leaving Nod forces free to take over the rest of the continent.
The player starts out with several vehicles and infantry. Build an airstrip and hand of nod quickly to counter GDI. Build light tanks, buggys and attack bikes then destroy the GDI base. Beware of airstrikes from A-10s. Rocket soldiers, bikes and SAM sites will down them or slow them down.
- From this mission onwards, the player will be able to build APCs if a Weapons Factory is captured while possessing an Airstrip, even if the Factory is sold after capture. This is because APCs are available to both sides but for Nod they are normally restricted to multiplayer. A bug means that the common unit remains in the player’s construction options without the captured enemy building that also produces it.
- SAM site firing on a jet (mission start cinematic)
- SAM site firing on a jet (mission accomplished cinematic)
- Remastered mission playthrough (THE ZOD)
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer. Nod mission 5: "destroy the airbase".