Hammerhead (Kane's Wrath)
|For other uses, see Hammerhead.|
Any garrisoned infantry
GDIHammerheadArmor (100% Cannon, 100% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 100% Gun, 1% Sniper)
Ceramic armour (ZOCOM only)
|“||Heavy gunship airborne!
A direct descendant of the assault/transport hybrid attack helicopters of the 20th century, the large, heavily-armored Hammerhead was designed for long-range assault and infantry support, to act as a longer range complement to the relatively range-limited Orca.
The large central compartment of the Hammerhead can house a squad of infantry, with enough internal maneuverability to allow the unit to fire safely at external threats. For the case of unarmed passengers, the Hammerhead utilizes twin Vulcan cannons to clear the landing space of potential adversaries. Significant additional storage space has been allotted to fuel and ammunition, allowing the Hammerhead to remain in action for days at a time without the need to refuel or rearm.
The high level of customizability of the Hammerhead proved to be an invaluable ally to GDI Commanders on the battlefield, allowing for rapid transport of troops into key combat situations, and beating a hasty retreat when met with overwhelming odds.
|Evacuate||Orders the Hammerhead to evacuate whatever infantry unit it is carrying. (Ctrl+A)|
|AP ammo||Provides a significant damage increase to the firepower of the Hammerhead's Vulcan cannons, making them a true force on the battlefield. (Ctrl+A)||Purchasable at any Command Post for $2000 and takes 1:00 to research.|
Gain a significant boost to durability. (Ctrl+S)
|Purchasable at ZOCOM Airfield for $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.01: speed reduced by 17%
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.02:
- range increased from 200 to 300
- speed increased from 150 to 160
- Hammerhead online!
- Heavy gunship airborne!
- Systems engaged!
- Ground support!
- Hammerhead here!
- Got the guns!
- Where do you need me?
- Getting there.
- Ground support on the way!
- Gunship deploy!
- Watch for flak!
- Moving out.
- Rudders engaged.
When ordered to attack
- Watching your six!
- Attack vector engaged!
- Safety off.
- Eyes on the ground!
- Death from above!
- Free fire!
- Hose them down!
- Target acquired!
- Hammerhead engaged!
- All systems on red!
- Weapons on full!
- Zone is hot!
- Back to base!
- Pulling out!
- They got me!
- She can't take it!
- System malfunction! No!
Behind the scenes
- The Russian Mi-24 Hind performs an identical role of a troop transport and an attack helicopter.
- Official lore states that the Hammerhead can house a full infantry regiment. A regiment usually consists of more than a thousand soldiers, and even the Mi-26, the largest mass produced helicopter in the world, could only carry 90 troops, so this is most likely a misunderstanding on the developers' part.
- The Hammerhead was added to Kane's Wrath to give GDI factions a non-rearming, non-slot consuming aircraft, similar to Nod Venoms and Scrin Devastators or Carriers.
- Even though the Hammerhead's model has rocket pods, they are unusable in the game.
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. Nod Weaponry, "GDI Hammerhead".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles. 2008-03-12. Kane's Wrath The Hammerhead Unit Spotlight EA Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars - News
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. Nod mission 6: "All that Glitters".