Harvester (Tiberian Sun)
Global Defense Initiative|
Brotherhood of Nod
GDI war factory|
Nod war factory
|A free harvester comes with each Tiberium refinery|
As the need to harvest Tiberium in more remote regions became apparent, the harvester design was overhauled, and by 2030, both sides used a multi-wheel truck platform with advanced grabbers to gather it. The truck is sturdier and more boxy than its predecessor, with an easily detachable container mounted on its rear end.
Unlike the previous iteration, enemy AI does not immediately react to their harvesters being attacked unless the attacked harvester is accompanied by escort units.
Due to the newly discovered blue Tiberium being highly volatile, some commanders even ordered their harvesters to take a suicide dive into the opponent's base, turning them into makeshift demolition trucks.
- Tiberian Sun patch 1.13: harvesters can no longer be targeted by Hunter-Seeker droids if the match has the "Harvester Truce" setting enabled.
- Tiberian Sun patch 1.16a1: added harvester logic to allow redirection to an alternative refinery.
- Tiberian Sun patch 2.03: fixed bug that allowed cheating players to lock their opponents' harvesters out of their own refineries.
- In the official guide book released in mainland China, the harvester is directly translated as "收割机", given the fact Tiberium grows like crops and can be "harvested" like crops.
- On the skirmish map Ice Cliffs, a unique snowplow variant of harvester can be found without a container attached.