|“||Yuri has mind controlled the population of Los Angeles and is feeding the civilians into his Grinders to fund his Psychic Dominator project. If we can eliminate the Grinders, Yuri will have lost a significant source of funds.
- Mission Briefing
The Allies are off to a good start since their time shift into the past. They have destroyed the Psychic Dominator on Alcatraz Island, along with blunting the Soviet Union's invasion of San Francisco. In traveling back in time, the Allied Commander and his forces discovered another happy side effect, saving General Carville from the Crazy Ivan that had previously killed him at the Pentagon. Lt. Eva then briefed the Commander on Yuri's operations in Hollywood.
Yuri was using the film studios in Hollywood to create mind control propaganda and was using it to brainwash entire populations. Using it to great effect in Hollywood itself, Yuri ordered the people into the 4 Grinders he has built around the city, breaking them down into usable resources for his war effort.
Yuri's main base for this mission was at the northern part of the map, with several smaller bases guarding his Grinders. On the west side, near the top of the map, Yuri had a smaller base where he deployed a War Factory and Barracks. The Allied Commander managed to destroy the Grinders, along with his other base structures, and save the civilians of Hollywood with help from Arnie Frankenfurter, Flint Westwood and Sammy Stallion.
The Allied forces managed to send in an MCV, 5 GIs and 5 Guardian GIs. Directly north of the Allied deployment zone, Flint Westwood could be found, holding off several of Yuri's Initiates. This actor, and the other 2 on the map, are immune to Yuri's mind control and will assist the Commander in liberating Hollywood. Sammy Stallion is located south of the Grinder set inside of a partially destroyed stadium, northeast of the Allied base. Arnie Frankenfurter is located directly south of the Hollywood Bowl inside of a Grinder position, northwest of the Allied base.
The Allied Commander will then get an incoming transmission from General Carville after they find the first actor. Yuri's Grinders are all over the map, one of them is the directly east of the Allied base. Harriers should be able to destroy the Grinder, provided that there are no Gattling tanks or Gattling Cannons defending the area.
To be the most effective in this mission, it is recommended to take each Hollywood actor and secure them behind Allied walls, or put them in a Battle Fortress if preferred. Yuri's forces will search everywhere for the actors and may unfortunately, kill them. Once all three actors have been found, deploy them in an IFV. This will increase the actor's fighting ability and defend them from an attack. Be sure to bring a Repair IFV (IFV+Engineer) too in case you need emergency repairs.The actors may also be placed in a Battle Fortress with other troops for a bigger bang.
Lt. Eva suggests that troops be sent to LAX to free the airport to gain access to Paratroopers, which will come in handy considering all the structures that can be garrisoned, but beware of Gatling tanks/cannons in the drop area. They will make very short work of any planes or paratroops you send near them. Oil derricks, including a Yuri controlled oil derrick, are on the western side of the map, waiting to be captured. One is located on the outskirts of the city, near a Grinder base with Arnie in it. The other two, including Yuri's derrick, are on the west coast beach, south of Yuri's reinforcement base. There is also a Machine Shop on the east side of the map, between 2 Grinder bases. On the west side of the map, there is a Hospital near Yuri's smaller base, ripe for the taking.
Also, it is highly recommended that you command your units to go along to the north western part of the map and attack Yuri's reinforcement base to keep the level of Initiates, Clones, Lasher and Gatling Tanks down. That area is also close to a ramp and open area that leads to the west side of Yuri's main base.
If you scout the area directly west of your base, it is revealed that Yuri is trying to make his own dinosaur movie (Lt. Eva wasn't impressed).
Yuri's Grinders, when destroyed, leave behind supply crates. On an unrelated event, the Allied task force may be required to save civilians surrounded by Initiate troopers. Be advised, Yuri's clones can take control of your ground units, excluding the Hollywood actors.
Once Yuri's Construction Yard is destroyed (or captured), Yuri will rally a large part of his force to overwhelm the Allied main position. Survive this rush, and the mission will be completed if all Yuri's structures are destroyed or captured.
|“||Great job, Commander. Your quick actions minimized civilian losses in the city and denied Yuri an important source of income to fund his plans. Hollywood agents are already offering deals for the rights to your life story.
- The mission debriefing when played faster than at par time
|“||Yuri has lost an important source of funds, but not without exacting a heavy price on the civilian population of Los Angeles.
- The mission debriefing when played slower than at par time
Yuri loses his control of Los Angeles and Hollywood. He can't film propaganda videos (or Dinosaur movies) anymore. If this mission completed fast enough, the Commander may get a lucrative contract with Hollywood producers for their life story. If not, the Commander is credited for destroying the Grinders despite a high loss of Los Angeles.
- Move your MCV into the urban area before deploying it. Then you can garrison buildings surrounding your base to provide good protection.
- But do not go too far. Yuri has already garrisoned some buildings.
- Yuri tanks may ingore the buildings and rush your Construction Yard. Put the Battle Fortress received after building the Battle Lab in the center of your base to destroy them.
- In 1.001 the Gattling Tanks' fire range is longer than garrisoned buildings. If a Gattling Tank take this advantage, abondon the building for a moment, and re-garrison it immediately. And build Prism Towers against them.
- All soldiers (expect the actor Arnnie Frankenfurter) are easy targets for Gattling Tanks.
- Yuri may send a group of four Gattling Tanks against your soldiers. They can even kill Arnnie.
- Arnnie Frankenfurter can destroy buildings garrisoned by Yuri. But don't let him attack the building directly - then he would step into the fire range of the building and catch fire. Just move him and get the building into his range and he would fire on the building.
- Sammy Stallion can take out Gattling Cannons easily.
- The weakness of main Yuri base is its north (map boundary). You may:
- Teleport Prism Tanks, Mirage Tanks, and Battle Fortresses into the north of the base.
- Transport troops (the three actors, engineers and spies) into the north of the base with Nighthawks.
- An engineer can capture a Yuri building. Then you can build Grand Cannons and bombard Yuri's base with them.
- If you destroy or capture the Construction Yard, the Barrack and the War Factory in Yuri's main base, Yuri will sell the base and send everything in it to attack you. This, ironically, will win the mission because the main objective of this mission is to destroy all Yuri buildings.
- Yuri is filming a Dinosaur movie in Hollywood. After you destroy all Grinders, Lt. Eva suggests Yuri can't finish the movie and he may go to film an UFO movie insteadly. That comes "true" in Trick or Treaty when Yuri sends several Floating Discs against the Commander.