Hover Multiple Launch Rocket System
|Affiliation||Global Defense Initiative|
|Role||Recon support unit|
|Produced by||GDI war factory|
|Requires||GDI radar station|
|Ground attack||30(x2) (AP)|
|Air attack||30(x2) (AP)|
|Attack range||8 (minimum 2)|
The Hover MLRS was a medium to long range missile delivery system mounted on a hover chassis. Because of its hover capability, the unit was unaffected by most terrain types, making it an ideal (although somewhat expensive) unit for scouting enemy territory. Its rockets were capable of hitting both air and land targets with equal effectiveness.
Its hover drive was vulnerable to ion storm interference, causing it to become immobile during ion storms. In addition, it was also plagued by high costs, poor reliability, and damage incurred during "ground strikes" whenever the propulsion systems shut down unexpectedly. In the end, these weaknesses eventually led to the discontinuation of the HoverTech initiative following the Second Tiberium War.
Although it can only fire few rockets at once, these rockets are often deadly to Nod Harpies. These rockets can track the target for a surprisingly long range. Once softened up by these salvos, Nod aircraft can usually be finished off by lighter rocket units. Pair these with Titans, Wolverines, and a Mammoth MK.II for maximum effectiveness.
- The missile capacity Hover MLRS was depicted inconsistently. Renders show eight missile slots on each side of the turret, while the cameo shows six missile slots on each side, and in-game voxel shows only three slots, but whether the upper and lower rows are merged in the voxel cannot be determined for sure.
- Stojsavljević, Rade, and O'Miley Ryan. Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun: Operations Manual. Las Vegas, Nevada: Westwood Studios, 1999.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun. GDI mission 11: "Weather the Storm".
- Verdu, Michael. 2006-09-29. Technology in 2047. Mirror: Technology in 2047. C&C3 X360 Page. 2010-02-21.
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath. Nod Weaponry, "GDI Slingshot".