Icarus 20mm CIWS AA gun|
Scramblegun weapon jammer
|Abilities||Scramblegun weapon jammer|
|“||Hydrofoil here, what's going on?
Adapted from a light skiff commonly employed by the Coast Guard of South American Allied nations, the hydrofoil is a fast-moving vessel designed for surveillance and defensive operations. It features a fast-firing 20 mm CIWS well-suited for engaging low-flying enemy aircraft, although its facing limits the weapon to a pure anti-air role. The hydrofoil gains versatility thanks to its Scramblegun weapon jammer, an electromagnetic beam that draws upon the hydrofoil's advanced computers and fuel reserves to temporarily disable most known weapons systems on an individual, nearby target.
Today's hydrofoil was made famous in the Battle of Port-Au-Prince, in which a small fleet of them were able to shoot down an entire squadron of MiG fighters before the MiGs could eliminate a wing of Century bombers carrying reinforcements to the city. Meanwhile, several of the hydrofoils broke off to thwart an offshore dreadnought bombardment. After the MiGs were destroyed, the hydrofoils executed a high-speed tactical retreat. The only naval casualties that day were hydrofoil detachments that were unlucky enough to be sucked from out of the water by the Soviets' hated magnetic satellite. It has been rumored that the performance of the hyrdofoil that day was largely responsible for increased numbers of Soviet Akula-class submarines in Soviet operations around the Gulf of Mexico.
Hydrofoil captains are more often than not former Coast Guard defenders looking to do the Allied nations proud, and they tend to be regarded for their poise in the face of formidable enemy fleets.
|Chain Gun||The main weapon for the Hydrofoil, the Chain Gun is capable of tearing any enemy air unit to shreds in seconds, no matter their armor. The weapon cannot be targeted at ground units, however, leaving the Hydrofoil vulnerable to any form of ground or sea attack.|
|Weapons Jammer||By alternating its weapon systems, the Hydrofoil can use a jammer that is capable of preventing any unit or defensive structure from using their weapons and weapon-related special abilities, rendering them useless.|
- Red Alert 3 patch 1.11: vision range increased to 325 from 300
Upon exiting a Seaport
- Hydrofoil here, what's going on?
- What we gonna do?
- Ready for you man!
- What's up?
- Let's have a good time!
- Let's take her out for a cruise!
- Ahh yes!
- Let me show you around!
- Nice waters here, yeah?
- I like this one!
- Let's see what she can do!
- Of course, my friend!
- Another one, eh?
- Bring it down!
- We got them!
- Come down from there!
- Blast them!
Use Weapons Jammer
- Take their guns away!
- Scramble the next!
- This is a no fire zone!
- Put your guns down!
- Whacha gonna' do with dat, huh?!
- You'll hurt somebody with that!
Move to Attack
- I see them!
- They don't belong here!
- Let's clear the skies!
- We'll send them away!
- Take them out of the sky!
- They're spoiling a good time!
- Hey, get away from here!
- They still up there?
- He's coming down!
- How much can they take?
- Keep it cool!
- Having a good time, eh?
- Let's go! Let's go!
- We're out!
- And that's the end of our tour!
- Happy hour is over!
- Whats all this commotion?!!
- Hey man, you're scratching my boat!
- Oh that ain't cool, man!
- Taking some hits over here!
- The Hydrofoils' captains appear to be speak in a Jamaican accent.
- Hydrofoils rise from the water when on the move, supported only by their "fins". After moving, they will slowly sink again to its original position.
- Rarely, when the Hydrofoil is ordered to switch weapons, a glitch will occur. A Hydrofoil will fire using its Scramblegun or jam enemies by focusing them with the chain gun, with the effects still included.
- Judging from the red markings and white finish of the boats' concept artwork below, it can be assumed that the ship was originally designed for the Empire of the Rising Sun.
Hydrofoils destroying Kirov airships
- Bullfrog transport, Soviet anti-air vessel counterpart
- Sea-Wing, Imperial anti-air vessel counterpart