Building in progress...
Imperial construction yard is about a particular building, which is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
|For other uses, see Construction yard.|
The Imperial Construction yard was the nucleus of every Rising Sun military base.
Unlike the construction yard of other factions, the Imperial construction yard does not construct buildings directly other than fortress walls. Instead, it assembles mobile Nanocores, which can deploy anywhere on the battlefield.
The Empire’s buildings still possess a build radius, though this is normally only relevant for the construction of walls.
The Nanocores can be assembled incredibly quickly - usually in under five seconds if the base is fully powered - and being able to build anywhere has obvious advantages. However, this has the potential to drain funds very quickly, especially when building cores for the more expensive buildings such as refineries. One other drawback is that construction of Docks requires shore access, since the nanocore must be able to enter the water to unpack (a noticeable problem in the mission “Crumble Kremlin Crumble”).
Imperial commanders in situations where a base must be constructed on water will also find themselves somewhat limited for constructing air units, since the Empire’s Air Force does not originate from a dedicated structure but is partly composed of units built from the Dojo or the Mecha Bay. Neither of these structures can be built on water, since not all units they produce are amphibious.
The Imperial construction yard can build nanocores for the following structures:
- Instant generator
- Ore refinery
- Instant dojo
- Mecha bay
- Imperial docks
- Nanotech mainframe
- Defender VX
- Wave-Force tower (requires Nanotech mainframe)
- Psionic decimator (requires Nanotech mainframe)
- Nanoswarm Hive (requires Nanotech mainframe)
|Pack Up||Converts to a Mobile Construction Vehicle, which may then redeploy to new locations.|
- Red Alert 3 patch 1.08: fixed an exploit that granted credits and an engineer without destroying the construction yard when sold.
- Red Alert 3 patch 1.11:
- Imperial construction yard build radius increased to facilitate wall building.
- fixed a bug that allowed Soviet players to cast cash bounty on their own construction yard and then get a refund by selling it.