|For the Initiate from Command & Conquer: Renegade, see Initiate (Renegade).|
Yuri's initiates are powerful units that used the power of pyrokinesis with the assistance of classified technology to ignite fires. These flames are highly effective against infantry and reasonably effective against structures, but relatively weak against vehicles.
However, this all changed if Yuri's initiates garrisoned a civilian structure. At that case, the firepower of even a few initiates increased considerably to the point where only four garrisoned initiates could destroy a Apocalypse tank in mere seconds.
Initiates also seem to crew the various vehicles used by Yuri and his commanders, save a few which were "coerced" into service. One Initiate was seen engaging in conversation with Yuri on a unknown lunar vehicle moments before he unleashed the war.
They are by far the most powerful of all the basic infantry in Yuri's Revenge, being roughly equal to the deployed GI and costing the same. An elite Initiate can make short work of almost any infantry unit and many tanks. A group of ten elite initiates can defeat nearly anything on the ground.
Their short range limits them, however, as any unit with decent anti-infantry weapons and superior range often kill an initiate before the latter could reach the former. Moreover, in terms of health, they have the least of all basic infantry. Therefore, heavier units need to draw enemy fire in order for Initiates to do their heavy damage. They are completely helpless against aircraft; a weakness that is exacerbated by a lack of anti-air infantry in Yuri's army.
Although primarily trained from the barracks, Yuri faction commanders that capture the Tech Airport can also call in some free Initiate Reinforcements via the Paradrop Support Power. Each Paradrop will drop in 6 initiates.
Initiates controlled by the AI have the following attack patterns:
- 3x entering a Bio Reactor
- 3x guarding Barracks, Construction Yard and War Factory, accompanied by 1 Gattling Tank
- 5x guarding Barracks, Construction Yard and War Factory, accompanied by 1 Yuri Clone
- 4x targeting infantry
- 5x targeting infantry, accompanied by 1 Engineer
- 4x targeting infantry, accompanied by 1 Brute and 1 Yuri Clone
- 8x targeting infantry, accompanied by 1 Engineer and 1 Yuri Clone
- This strike force will only be constructed if the AI owns a Cloning Vats
- 10x targeting infantry, accompanied by 1 Yuri Clone
- 8x targeting infantry, accompanied by 2 Viruses and 1 Yuri Clone
- 6x targeting vehicles, accompanied by 1 Virus and 3 Yuri Clones
- Yuri is master!
- I am but a student.
- There is much to learn.
- He has taught us well.
- Learning the path.
- Hail to the great Yuri!
- Enlighten me!
- I understand.
When ordered to attack
- Cleansing flame!
- I don't need matches!
- Focusing energy.
- Look, no hands!
- Guns are too messy!
- Give me strength, Yuri!
- Fire out of control!
- It's hard to focus!
- My life for Yuri!
Concept art by Phil Robb
The Chinese veteran cameo is absent as it was erroneously overwritten by the Lasher tank's veteran cameo.
- The Korean text displays 이니셰이트, which reads I-ni-shé(as in shell)-t, which might have been caused by the short delay between the syllables formed by ti and a. The proper transliteration of Initiate would be 이니시에이트, and if choosing a fully translated option, a good option would be 입문자.
- Outside of the opening cutscene of Yuri's Revenge, initiates never speak with filters which distort their voices.