|For other uses, see Juggernaut.|
|Armament||Triple artillery cannons|
|Produced by||Tech lab|
0.5 seconds (initial)|
|Speed||Average (~0.42 TPS)|
|Abilities||Multi-Tile damage, adjacent tiles receive ⅓ of the damage.|
|5 seconds to deploy, 2 seconds to pack.|
The Juggernaut is an epic GDI vehicle class tech walker in Command & Conquer: Rivals, It is an artillery unit that can fire 3 tiles away, with splash damage that affects every neighboring tile to the target one.
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Behind the scenes
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Videos
- 11 See also
- 12 References
GDI's fearsome Juggernaut is a heavy artillery walker sporting naval artillery and a modified Titan chassis. The Juggernaut's triple cannons allow it to blanket a large area with artillery fire from far behind the front lines. This awesome firepower is somewhat offset by the Juggernaut's relatively light armor and long pre-fire setup time.
Juggernaut is a long range artillery unit that does great splash damage to both infantry and vehicles. When shells hit the ground, they damage not only the tile that the unit is on, but also the adjacent tiles, making it difficult to rush many cheap ground units against it. Quick turn speed and fire rate makes it difficult to flank it as well.
Juggernaut is very effective against structures, but the sluggish movement speed and long deployment time makes it too vulnerable to quick counter attacks, unless there is a total map control, at which point there is no need to attack the base directly.
Juggernaut can't target units that are directly adjacent to it to avoid damaging itself.
Since the Juggernaut can shoot father than it can see, it requires a scouting assistant, preferably an airborne anti-air unit like Hammerhead. Without a scout, a medium armor unit can close the distance with the Juggernaut and then attack it with impunity.
The main threats to the Juggernaut are anti-armor aircraft and the Stealth tank. The latter requires infantry to detect, so another option to defend the Juggernaut is to pair it up with Zone troopers. They come from the same building, can attack aircraft, can detect stealthed units and can heal up if they get damage from the friendly fire.
- 2018-08-15: Introduced to the game.
- Movement speed increased to 5.5 (was 3.9)
- Damage increased to 400 (was 300)
- Damage vs Infantry increased to 200 (was 50)
- Damage vs Structures increased to 1000 (was 750)
- 2018-12-06: Cost decreased to 120 (was 140)
- J-naut here to save the day
- Mobile artillery's here
- Juggernaut standing by
- Juggernaut, what's up?
- Cannons ready to pound
- J-naut brings the pain
- Juggernaut gonna bring it
- Let's get her in position
- Let's keep our distance
- J-naut walking
When moving to attack
- Let's rock them!
- Juggernaut's gonna get ya!
- These fools are done!
- Gonna blast them to pieces!
When unable to attack target
- Not happening
- No can do
- Ha-ha, you fools!
- J-naut firing!
- I'm the Juggernaut!
When under attack
- J-naut under fire
- Turn her around!
- We're in too close!
- But I'm the Juggernaut!
- Juggernaut out!
- Juggernaut was announced on 10 August 2018 and released with the Rivals pre-alpha patch 13 August 2018.
- Uses less than formal language. Male.
Behind the scenes
|“||Juggernaut is a cool, iconic unit that decimates all enemies in a large area. We wanted to introduce something that could clear points and make large sections of the map difficult for the enemy to hold. The Juggernaut also adds area-of-effect damage not tied to Commander powers. This is the first unit introduced with a minimum firing range and cannot defend itself from direct attack.
Deployed design by Joseph Carabajal
- Artillery — counterpart in the Nod arsenal.
- Unit statistics spreadsheet
- Rivals Twitter. 10 August 2018
- Pre-Alpha Update Notes: New Units, Friends List And C&C Network. Redwood Studios (13 August 2018). Retrieved on 14 August 2018.
- New Unit Showcase: Meet Juggernaut & Giga-Cannon. Redwood Studios (13 August 2018). Retrieved on 14 August 2018.
- New Unit Showcase: Meet Juggernaut & Giga-Cannon
- ArtStation - Command and Conquer Rivals - Juggernaut, Joseph Carabajal