|Knock out that Refinery|
|Part of||First Tiberium War|
GDI strategic victory
|Game||Command & Conquer|
|“||Defend your position, deploy the MCV, then build a sizable force to search out and destroy the Nod base in the area. All Nod units and structures must be either destroyed or captured to complete objective.
- Mission briefing
Following the successful landings from the Baltic Sea, GDI established its first beachhead in Nod-aligned Central Europe. While landings further north succeeded in establishing GDI control over Tallin, the Estonian capital, J.C. Carter's task force encountered heavy resistance when it attempted to move inland. The Brotherhood has set up resourcing operations at Pärnu and defended them with a fierce counter-attack that took out the construction yard at the landing site and threatened to drive Carter's detachment back into the sea. James Solomon was given command of a relief force aiming to restore GDI position and take out the refinery.
The counter-attack turned the situation around and allowed GDI units to move into Estonia and set up staging positions for attacks on Nod forces in Lithuania. Forced to retreat, the Brotherhood responded by moving into Ukraine and Romania, parts of the post-Soviet bloc that remained outside their control beforehand.
- The mission begins with the GDI in dire straits. Nod immediately takes out the power plant, leaving just the barracks and remnants of the garrison. A fraction of credits leftover from the previous mission is added to the player's money reserve. Nod troops do not press the attack and reinforcements start arriving soon, including a spare MCV and three engineers.
- With just a few more minigunners raised at the barracks, the player can actually attack the Nod base immediately, focusing on individual minigunners. They can shield the engineers as they enter the base and take over crucial structures, especially the refinery, Hand of Nod, and construction yard.
- After taking the base, it's just a matter of sweeping the map for any remaining stragglers.
- Although unlikely to be of any real use to the player, the Refinery becomes available to build if the Nod Construction Yard is captured, then Tiberium Silos once a Refinery is built (while retaining the Nod Construction Yard) and Engineers once a Hand of Nod is built. All three of these will remain available to build even after selling the Nod Construction Yard and Hand of Nod. This is because Refineries, Silos and Engineers are all common to both sides and are available to the player in the corresponding Nod mission.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer. GDI mission 2: "destroy nod refinery".