The Brotherhood's Obelisk of Light inspired scientists to hone its laser technology down to a more-portable form factor. The result was the Spitfire laser, which can be mounted on a number of Nod vehicles.
Once the upgrade is researched, all Raider buggies, Scorpion tanks, and Venom patrol craft replace their respective weapons with a laser, which deal increased damage. Heroic units with the laser upgrade fire pale-blue lasers.
The Scorpion tank is the only unit visually affected by this upgrade: its top-mounted cannon is replaced with a laser cannon mounted on the back, similar to a scorpion's stinger. Other units are visually unchanged.
In Kane's Wrath, the Laser turret is also affected by the upgrade, dealing increased damage after the upgrade is researched.
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.05:
- cost increased by 50% to $3000
- Scorpion tank with laser capacitors now have rate of fire reduced by 20%, but attack power increased proportionally
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.01:
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.02:
- cost reduced to $2500
- research time increased to 1:15
- Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars manual. Los Angeles, California: Electronic Arts Los Angeles, 2007.