|“||Laser squad, power and precision
- Laser Squad when rolling out of Hand of Nod
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Decks
- 5 Changelog
- 6 Quotes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Videos
- 9 Gallery
- 10 See also
- 11 References
Laser Squads are equipped with anti-air/anti-vehicle laser weaponry derived from Nod's fearsome Obelisk of Light technology.
- Reveals adjacent stealthed units.
Cheap and versatile, Laser Squad is effective against most early aircraft and armored vehicles. Two Laser Squads are effective even against early anti-infantry armor like Rhinos and Talons. Especially suited to counter early game rushes against harvesters by Attack bikes and Laser drone and can stop tanks in their tracks.
Works well with units which have long shooting range, like Giga-cannon and Artillery, where Laser Squads provide blocking and decent protection form mechanized units. In the early game they are often paired with Militants.
Most useful in the early game, when cost efficiency is most valuable. It can deal with most War Factory or Helipad units, but when population cap becomes the limiting factor, their effectiveness is diminished.
In the mid-game it's useful against heavy tank use, but will not hold well against late game vehicles and aircraft.
A similar unit in the Nod arsenal is the Scavenger, which has worse battle stats, but makes up for it by being able to generate Tiberium income.
It shares the same stats and abilities as the Missile squad.
Laser Squad is a staple unit and will find a place in most Nod decks worth their salt.
- 2018-06-28: Initial attack delay increased to 0.25 seconds (was 0.1 seconds)
- 2018-10-04: Damage vs. Infantry reduced to 35 (was 55)
- Lasers, for the brotherhood!
- Laser squad, weapons charging
- Your command
- Lasers charged
- Laser squad, power and precision
- Laser squad, ready for anything
- His will moves with us
- Lasers move for the brotherhood
- As he desires
- Taking position
When moving to attack favorably
- Our lasers will melt them
- We'll hit them with precision
- Kill them all
When moving to attack neutral
- We attack with power and precision
- As you command
- His will commands it
- We shall melt them
When moving to attack unfavorably
- We die for the brotherhood
- We will be remembered!
- A glorious death
When unable to attack target
- Lasers have no impact
- Lasers futile, sir
- For the brotherhood
- His will manifest
- Glory to Nod!
When under attack
- Taking fire!
- We're in trouble!
- Laser squad suppressed!
- The visual design of the unit appears to have been inspired by the Tiberian Sun Nod Rocket Infantry. However, while they fill a similar role the weaponry differs.
- Professional precision squad.
- When idle, rotates the guns around.
Laser squad next to a Flame tank, from the announcement trailer
- Missile squad — GDI anti-armor infantry.
- Mutant marauder — heavy anti-armor infantry.
- Scavenger — similar unit with ability to generate income.