|For the Nod defensive structure in Tiberian Sun, see laser turret (Tiberian Sun). For the Generals defensive structure, see Laser Defense Turret.|
These turrets, armed with a pair of lasers, are hidden in underground armoured compartments and deployed when the situation calls for it. Three of these turrets are linked to a single hub, and each turret is capable of self repair as long as the hub remains intact. They are weak against infantry but effective against vehicles. They are also unable to target aircraft.
While the individual laser turrets are less durable and do less damage then the GDI guardian cannon or Scrins photon cannon, the turrets made this up with sheer numbers and the ability to regenerate. The hub could be protected behind other structures or obstacles, forcing most targets to be peppered by more defenses or the original turrets. All three turrets did as much, if not more, damage then the GDI and Scrin bases defenses of the same tier.
Even though the three turrets can be destroyed, but as long as the hub is intact, they slowly rebuild before redeploying.
Like all other hub-based nod defenses, if the central hub is destroyed, all three linked turrets are destroyed in the process.
|Quad turrets||This upgrade places a fourth small turret directly on the hub, adding 33% more firepower (Ctrl+S).||Purchasable at any Operations Center for $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
|Spitfire laser capacitors||This Upgrade significally improves damage.||Purchasable at any Tech lab (Tiberium Wars). Kane's Wrath only.|
- Effective against vehicles.
- Detects stealth units.
- The Quad turrets upgrade gives the hub an extra turret thus increasing damage output.
- Automatically regenerates destroyed turrets.
- Dangerously weak against infantry.
- Defenseless against air units.
- Shuts down with insufficient power, leaving the base defenseless.
- Less durable and deals less damage than GDI's guardian cannon and the Scrin's Photon Cannon.
- If the hub is lost, all turrets will be destroyed.
- It appears the individual Laser Turrets have the smallest build space silhouette, meaning they are able to be placed in the tinier cracks that most other buildings cannot be be built upon.
- Due to game mechanics, the Laser turret is noticeably weaker against enemy infantry than its predecessor.