|Type||Monumental sculpture site|
|Location||Keystone, South Dakota, United States|
|“||If that weapon fires, I will have no choice but to launch every weapon I have against the United States. DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!!
- Anatoly Cherdenko
The Mount Rushmore National Memorial, near Keystone, South Dakota, is a monumental granite sculpture by Gutzon Borglum (1867–1941), located within the United States Presidential Memorial that represents the first 150 years of the history of the United States of America. It consists of four 60-foot (18 m) sculptures of the heads of former United States presidents, from left to right: George Washington (1732–1799), Thomas Jefferson (1743–1826), Theodore Roosevelt (1858–1919), and Abraham Lincoln (1809–1865).
The Allied Commander and American commander Warren Fuller had to disable the superweapon and eliminate the President there, mainly because of his anti-Soviet paranoia and his plans to demolish Moscow. The faces of Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln were converted into Defense Bases, armed with powerful eye Lasers, while Roosevelt's had a satellite bounced Superweapon that was targeting the USSR Capital, Moscow, but the Allies managed to stop the launch.
Areas of interest
|“||This is unbelievable, I always knew he was a little wound up, but I never saw this one coming...I don't know what to make of this situation, but I'm here to follow orders. And orders are to support you. Let's get moving, we've got to stop our crazy president.
- Warren, to the Commander in Operation A Monument to Madness
- Abraham Lincoln's head: Converted to a west-facing defense Base, armed with Eye Lasers. It's best that Honest Abe was not here to witness this monstrosity. "Why, honest Abe, why?"
- Thomas Jefferson's head: Converted to a southeast-facing defense Base, armed with Lasers, a hollow mockery of the president. "Sweet mother of-- Lasers!"
- George Washington's Head: Converted to a Southern Defense Base, armed with Lasers. The mere sight of this would certainly make George Washington frown. "What the heck is up with Washington?"
- Theodore Roosevelt's Head: Storage Base of the satellite-bounced superweapon, nearly deployed by Howard T. Ackerman to eliminate Moscow. "They're never gonna believe this back at Omaha!"
- Three Presidential Control Centers: All 3 powered the individual heads of the Mt. Rushmore defence systems. For example, the Jefferson Head Control Center controlling the Jefferson laser systems. Capturing one can power down a presidential defense system.
- Firebase: The Control Center for the superweapon, it was destroyed to prevent activation.
- Communications tower: The control outpost in which Allied Commando Tanya infiltrated and destroyed, to prevent the president from remotely firing the superweapon.
- Main base: Surrounding Mt. Rushmore was a huge rogue Base, loyal to Howard T. Ackerman.
- Secret airport: When the Superweapon failed to fire, President Ackerman teleported there in order to escape, and his presidential chopper soon arrived to drop off reinforcements and evacuate him. It was quickly shot down and the airport recaptured.