In Red Alert 2, they are a campaign-only unit. They were introduced in skirmish and multiplayer in Yuri's Revenge, after Tanya began to differ from them in statistics and abilities.
Navy SEALs are able to kill any infantry with one burst of their submachine gun. If they can reach a building, their C4 charge will instantly destroy it. They are also competent swimmers, making their C4 charges a threat to ships as well.
They are helpless against vehicles and aircraft, however. They cannot get close to base defenses quickly enough to plant C4 charges before being killed, unless distracted by other units. Other powerful infantry units such as commandos, snipers, desolators, and all mind-control-capable units outrange them. In the water, the SEAL is especially vulnerable to submerged units, as he cannot plant C4 on them unless they surface.
For increased protection and mobility, a SEAL can be deployed inside an IFV. This will increase their speed greatly, as well as give protection against anti-infantry units. However, this also means that the SEAL cannot enter the water or perform demolition jobs until he exits the IFV. A SEAL IFV can destroy a terror drone with a single machine gun burst.
- 1x loaded inside a Battle Fortress then proceed to target infantry; accompanied by 2 GIs and 2 Guardian GIs
- 1x loaded inside a Battle Fortress then proceed to guard Allied Battle Lab; accompanied by 2 Guardian GIs and 2 Chrono Legionnaires
- Red Alert 2 patch 1.004: Tanya's/Navy SEAL C-4 charges can now be planted on all bridges.
- Red Alert 2 patch 1.005: no other infantry units other than those with explosives can blow up buildings when joining to a SEAL command waypoint.
- Yuri's Revenge (release version 1.000): can now be trained in skirmishes and multiplayer.
- Yuri's Revenge patch 1.001: Navy SEALs are now accompanied with an audio announcement when emerging from the barracks.
- SEAL ready!
- SEAL ready!
- I'm your man!
- A li'l C-4 knockin' at your door. (unused, given to the chrono commando)
- Who's your daddy?
- Let's get it on!
- Cover me.
- How 'bout a swim?
When ordered to attack
- Enemy in my sights!
- I got him!
- This is too easy!
When ordered to plant C-4 charges
- Goin' down!
- Special delivery!
SEALs and Tanya
- The SEAL is voiced by Stefan Marks, who also voiced the Soviet civilian and the Grizzly battle tank.
- Notably, they are the only infantry to have two different SHPs, depending on the location SEALs are needed. Their non-arctic uniform is desert camouflage, while temperate/jungle camouflage is used by the chrono commando in all theaters. In late alpha stages, a SEAL sprite with this temperate/jungle uniform was used.
- The old official Red Alert 2 website mistakenly stated that a prerequisite for training Navy SEALs is the Allied naval shipyard instead of the Airforce Command Headquarters.
- The "Let's get it on!" line was originally intended for planting C-4s. The "A li'l C-4 knockin' at your door" line is only used by the chrono commando when exiting the barracks.