|“||Alright, Commander. I don't know how much you've heard about New Eden. It was the first Blue Zone to be reclaimed from a Yellow Zone. Since then, it has become a secret research hub for GDI.
- Kirce James
After the Second Tiberium War, GDI deployed sonic emitters to slow down the spread of Tiberium in key Yellow Zones. In several small areas of the German Yellow Zones, however, GDI managed to eradicate Tiberium almost completely and transform them into Blue Zones. Walled cities were constructed in these areas, and this patchwork of reclaimed territory became known as the "New Eden" Blue Zone, the first Blue Zone ever to be reclaimed from a Yellow Zone. This accomplishment was still being celebrated in the early months of 2047.
Known cities of New Eden include Munich, Stuttgart, Cologne, and Berne. After New Eden's establishment, it became a secret research hub for GDI, particularly in Munich, where the Future-Tech lab was located.
During the Third Tiberium War, the cities of New Eden came under heavy attack by Scrin forces during their diversionary attacks on human population centers. The first city to fall was Munich, which was infiltrated by a Mastermind unit. The Mastermind manipulated an engineer into shutting down the city's defense grid, allowing a large alien force to enter the city and destroy the local GDI base. The Future-Tech lab, which had been compiling a full analysis of the aliens' operations, was soon destroyed, but remnants of the GDI garrison managed to escort a convoy carrying the lab's researchers out of the city.
The invaders soon spread out from Munich into the other Blue Zone cities in the region, including strategically unimportant cities such as Cologne. As such, the GDI defenders were caught completely off guard, and the cities fell one by one. The city of Berne, in particular, was reduced to a wasteland after a Mothership fired at the city center. It became the staging ground for the aliens' invasion of Northern Europe.
GDI forces, under the leadership of the GDI Commander, eventually pushed the aliens out of New Eden entirely, but the damage was done - the aliens destroyed anti-Tiberium walls and Tiberium silos in the cities, undoing years of reclamation effort. By the end of the war, the entire New Eden had once again become Yellow Zones. Despite a massive post-war reconstruction effort by the Idris Corporation, New Eden was consumed by the rapidly expanding Northern European Tiberium field in 2052.
- Verdu, Michael. 2006-11-17. A Little About Tiberium. Mirror: A Little About Tiberium. C&C3 X360 Page. 2010-02-21.
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI mission 12: "Munich".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Scrin mission 2: "Munich".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI Eyewitness Accounts, "GDI Field Recon - the Fall of Cologne".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI mission 15: "Berne".
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI Eyewitness Accounts, "GDI Field Recon - the Fall of Berne".
- Tiberium Earth map
- The Idris Corporation Story. Mirror: The Idris Corporation Story C&C Frontpage. 2010-02-21.