|The following is based on the missions of Counterstrike and might contradict canon.|
TO: Field Commander S7
FROM: Soviet Command
We received this garbled transmission from a scout group sent into a suspected Allied test site:
All... te.t area di..overed! Chronos... test g... crazy! Weapons... effected by... air units inop... Area unst.able! Ch...osphere must be affect...
You are to investigate this. If the Chronosphere is indeed behind it, this is a perfect opportunity to capture it. See that it happens.
A Chronosphere has caused dimensional anomalies in an area, causing both Allied and Soviet weapons to function in strange and unexpected ways. The Soviets have decided to take advantage of the situation and attempt to capture the Chronosphere.
- Light tank: Armament like Mammoth tank
- Medium tank: Fast firing
- Artillery: Increased range (akin to a Cruiser’s guns)
- V2 rocket launcher: Launches nuclear missiles (but with a range of just two cells, effectively making the unit almost equivalent to a Demo Truck)
- Heavy tank: Armament like Tesla coil
- Rifle infantry: Pillbox machine gun
- Rocket soldier: Double rockets
- Grenadier: Firebombs
- Flamethrower infantry: Double fire
- Mammoth tank: Cannons replaced with flamethrowers
- Despite the fact that air units are not available, as can be made out from the briefing, Allied Chinooks can be seen flying over the main base on approach to drop infantry on the island with the Chronosphere. Neither this nor the exact reason why the dimensional anomalies from the Chronosphere specifically rendered other air units inoperable is explained.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer: Red Alert - Counterstrike. Soviet mission 7: "Paradox Equation".