|“||American forces are coming! Get ready!
- Rebel learns of the American forces coming to suspend GLA forces in Almaty.
Operation: Pillage the Village is the second mission in the GLA campaign of Command & Conquer: Generals.
|“||My leader, our agents had learned that the United Nations trucks and planes are arriving in the Almaty region with food and supplies.
On behalf of the oppressed nations of the world, the GLA should intercept those deliveries. We might use them for our most righteous cause.
- Kanwar Khan, mission briefing
In the wake of Black Rain against the "Eastern Dragon", the Global Liberation Army found itself short of funds to launch its next mission. When new intelligence suggested the arrival of UN convoys carrying food and supplies in the villages outside of Almaty, Kazakhstan, a GLA raiding force was sent on an unorthodox fundraising mission. The group would raid the convoys and take what they saw as rightfully theirs.
|“||The fool Americans think their supply air drops will keep them from taking what is rightfully ours. Use this, the Quad Cannon. To bring down their precious planes.
- Kanwar Khan talks about the new Quad Cannon.
The initial phase of the battle saw GLA troops arriving stealthily to the battlefield. The GLA built a small base in the hills over the city and began intercepting convoys for arms, supplies and money worth $20,000. There were widespread atrocities committed against the civilian population that the GLA claimed to fight for. Villagers receiving UN aid were described with contempt by GLA Rebels as "sheep" greedily and shamelessly waiting for their "handouts". When civilians began hiding the aid in their homes, the GLA Commander was given authorization to loot the city. GLA Marauder Tanks destroyed people's shops and homes mercilessly, taking anything of value from the smoking ruins.
Meanwhile the Americans arrived in the area and set up a support base to the north of the villages. The United Nations - after losing many units to GLA highwaymen, began to recall their troops and handed control of their barracks to the American forces. They also switched to dropping supplies by plane. Now wishing to collect $30,000, the GLA contacted their Arms Dealer who provided them with Quad Cannon half-tracks, which boasted a powerful anti-aircraft gun.
|“||Look at their planes burn! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (crackled radio)
- Quad Cannon, after shooting down a C-130.
The Americans attempted to deal with the GLA by using Crusader Tanks but the Marauders proved to be a match for them, especially when their guns were upgraded with salvaged parts. The support base ended up being reduced to rubble by the GLA tanks.
When the looting began to get too serious, the Americans attempted to construct a base on the hills overlooking the villages. However, the GLA swarmed into the area and destroyed the Dozers and the escorts before the Americans could gain a proper foothold.
As soon as the collection target of $40,000 was reached, the GLA left the area. The Commander was sent to the nation's Chinese-occupied capital, Astana, where GLA sympathizers had started a rebellion to collect $40,000 by destroying the city.
- The name of this mission does not appear in the game, but can be seen in the game's source text.
- In this stage, the GLA is shown killing civilians who they claimed to be liberating. Ironically, the briefing at the beginning of the stage has Kanwar Khan claiming that the GLA would use the supplies for "our most righteous cause".
- If the player does not encounter (destroy) any UN convoy or plane, the supply will be dropped as usual, but the amount recovered from each supply crate will be much less than the amount from the destroyed vehicle (not mentioning the civilians trying to "grab" them). If civilians try to grab them, Kanwar Khan will tell the player to kill them (first time) or destroy buildings and loot from them (subsequent times).
- This is the only time in game that the UN soldiers appear outside of cutscenes. However they only appear briefly and will quickly get into Humvees and drive away if not noticed by the player. To see them, simply collect up to $20,000 in funds, after that the player should send their forces quickly into a small UN-US base at the north of the map, the player can then spot them getting into Humvees. If the player destroys the Humvees the UN soldiers will survive and attack the player's forces.
- This is also the only time in-game that any UN forces appear outside of cutscenes.
- Also note that the barracks in that base is originally owned by the UN forces (in their light blue color scheme) before being handed to the American forces (which uses their blue color scheme).