300 per squad member
Light (20% Cannon, 20% Rocket, 100% Grenade, 50% Gun,90 % Sniper)
The Ravager is an elite assault "infantry" used by the Scrin. Hurling lethal shards of green Tiberium, they can quickly defeat most infantry and even threaten lightly-armored vehicles. While their Tiberium Agitation ability wreaks havoc on opposing economies by detonating Tiberium-based assets such as Harvesters. Like all Scrin infantry, they heal in Tiberium.
These creatures are quadrupedal biomechanical constructs that literally have green Tiberium crystals growing on them, and have been reported to be one of fastest Scrin units encountered to date.
The Ravager attacks by launching Tiberium shards at its targets at incredible speeds—an attack mechanism similarly observed, but even more potent than that found on Canis tiberius. It has also been confirmed to have the ability to detonate Tiberium via a reaction similar to the one caused by Nod's Catalyst missile.
Ravager squads under the Reaper-17 sect can be upgraded for even more potency, whilst those under the Traveler-59 are known to be enhanced with advanced articulators—increasing their speed to the point of being able to outrun most vehicles and infantry.
|Tiberium Agitation||By disrupting the crystalline material at its very source, Ravagers can cause entities containing Tiberium or heavily Tiberium-based objects to suffer severe damage. Tiberium Agitation has a range of 375 and a cooldown of 45 seconds. Targets with no Tiberium stored inside of them, such as empty Harvesters or Devourers, only take 50% damage. Possible targets include Refineries, Silos, Nod Power Plants, Mechapedes, Harvesters, Corrupters, Tiberium Troopers, Reaper Tripods and Devourer Tanks (Ctrl+A).|
|Blue Shards||Blue Shards enhance Ravagers with additional firepower. Their attack rate and range remain unchanged (Ctrl+D).||Purchasable at Reaper-17 Technology Assembler for $2000 and takes 1:00 to research.|
|Advanced articulators||Add 85% speed to Ravager when upgraded (Ctrl+A).||Purchasable at Traveler-59 Stasis Chamber for $1000 and takes 0:30 to research.|
Ravagers come in squads of three, and are thus vulnerable to snipers, but do resist gun-type damage very well for an infantry unit. This modest feat, combined with their bonus damage versus vehicles—enables them to somewhat counter light anti-infantry vehicles such as Nod Buggies, Steel Talon MRTs and GDI APCs (unless loaded with Snipers).
Their Tiberium Agitation ability however, is a very considerable threat—and just a few squads of them could easily cripple an enemy base's economy - easily destroying enemy Harvesters and Refineries, especially those fully-loaded with Tiberium. The ability also seems to work on any unit that contains Tiberium: like Marked of Kane Tiberium Troopers, and even hostile Scrin units: such as the Corrupter or the Tiberium-charging Devourer Tank—with devastating effects.
- Deadly against infantry and light vehicles
- Very resistant to gun-type damage
- Uncrushable by most vehicles
- Tiberium Agitation ability can quickly cripple economies; effective against most Scrin units and buildings
- Like all Scrin units: can be healed by Corrupters (or Mechapede Toxin segments) and Tiberium fields
- Advanced articulators upgrade make it one of the fastest infantry units in the game
- Blue shards upgrade increases damage dramatically—letting Ravagers threaten even heavy vehicles
- Non-Reaper Ravagers are perpetually ineffective against heavy vehicles and non-economical structures
- Tiberium Agitation can miss if targeted harvesters are on the move
- Expensive ($1200)
- No defense vs. air units
- Small squad size makes them vulnerable to snipers
- Must stand still in order to fire
- Cannot detect stealth
- Cannot garrison buildings
- Slow fire rate means one Ravager squad can lose to just 2 Militant squads (the cheapest unit in the game)