|This article is written from a real world point of view.|
Patch 1.5 for the second Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 beta was released in September 2008.
This patch fixes a few bugs, contains balance changes, and enabled tier 3 superweapons. Finally, we also added replay support.
- Terror Drones can no longer be killed by a unit once the terror drone is inside of it.
- All anti air ground units & base defense AA range decreased to 300 from 400.
- Duration of Return to Airbase power increased to 30 seconds from 3.
- All commandos' vulnerability to EXPLOSIVE damage decreased to 50% from 100.
- ChronoRift 1, 2, and 3, pre-attack delay now increased by 3 seconds.
- Cryocopter Shrink Ray range increased to 300 from 200.
- IFV + Tesla Trooper combo now has a pre-attack delay and its overall DPS was lowered.
- Tesla Trooper secondary ability toggle has a cooldown of 1 second. Tesla Troopers can no longer move while in their secondary mode.
- Bear health decreased to 150 from 190.
- Toxic Corrosion affected units now do a ton more radiation damage when they explode. The field which remains after that explosion also does a ton more damage now.
- Shogun battleship now fires 3 shots per turret, instead of 6 (doh). Reduced damage radius of warhead to 15 from 50.
- King Oni now accelerates while charging, kind of like of the Shogun. Decreased the duration of the charge to 4 seconds from 5.
- Balloon Bomb warhead damage decreased to 150 from 250.
- Increased radius of Honorable Discharge.
- Added experience levels to the Allied Engineer, Bear, Dog, Spy, Soviet Miner, Allied Miner, and Rising Sun Engineer.
- Removed sinking mechanic from all remaining ships. Setup Assault destroyer to attack subs.
- Increased the duration of Short Circuit, lowered the ammount, removed stacking. Reduced range and radius. Increased fire speed.
- Added small reload time to Spider Hole ability.
- Tuned Time Bomb damage.
- Tuned Orbital Dump damage.
- Increased Shogun Battleship cannon damage.
- Reduced level 1 Magnetic Satellite radius, increased level 3 Magnetic Satellite radius.
- All fighter aircraft attack range increased to 200 from 150.
- Frozen units now have a 25% limit for being "over-frozen", this should prevent units from being frozen long after the cryocopter has gone.
- Vindicator Bombs should now actually hit moving targets.
- Multigunner Turret health increased to 1000 from 500.
- Aircraft Carrier given the proper armor set.
- Soviet Bear vulnerability to anti vehicle fire increased (to offset his recently buffed health).
- Egg speed reduced to 65 from 75. Egg locomotors giving a 1 second acceleration time, increased turn time by 0.5 seconds.
- All Japan production structures T2 upgrade costs increased by 250.
- Japan barracks T3 upgrade cost increased by 250.
- Japan barracks egg price increased to 750 from 500.
- Japan Base Defense health increased to 1000 from 500.
- Neutral Oil Derrick initial capture bonus decreased to 500 from 1000. Money tick value decreased by 50%. Health reduced to 1500 from 3000.
- Reduced the Chrono Swap warp in time.
- Fixed armor sets on bear, dog, & terror drone.
- Removed transportslotcount so the Apoc can be lifted by the twinblade.
- Killing eggs now gives you XP.
- Multigunner IFV buildcost increased to 900 from 700.
- IFV + Peacekeeper DPS reduced.
- Riptide ACV buildcost reduced to 750 from 900.
- Guardian Tank buildcost increased to 950 from 900.
- Sickle Leap reload time reduced to 10s from 20s.
- Striker-VX speed reduced to 120 from 140.
- Mecha Tengu land speed reduced to 100 from 125, water speed reduced to 80 from 100.
- Bullfrog Transport speed increased to 100 from 90.
- Twinblade health increased to 600 from 400.
- Hammer Tank speed increased to 75 from 60.
- Startup dialog now contains the text for the actual game. Don't be alarmed.
- Added Tier 3 Superweapons for all factions.
- Tweaked Vindicator bombing anims
- Added replay support. Previous versions of the beta have automatically saved a replay of the most recent game, called "Last Replay.RA3Replay", in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\Red Alert 3 Beta\Replays
- As of patch 1.5 you can run this replay by creating a shortcut to RA3Beta.exe (or copying your desktop shortcut) and adding the commandline argument:
- -replaygame "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\Red Alert 3 Beta\Replays\Last Replay.RA3Replay"