Restoring Power (Germany) or|
Restoring Power (Ukraine)
|Part of||First Tiberium War|
|Game||Command & Conquer|
|“||Nod is moving to capture and hold a civilian town. Your mission is to reach the town first and hold off invading Nod units until GDI reinforcements arrive. All invading Nod units must be destroyed.
- Mission briefing
But a rebel within the Polish city of Białystok has sent an SOS via a ham radio to M.O. Morelli, warning that Nod forces were closing in on the city. So Morelli asked a GDI commander to protect Białystok from the invading forces.
Many civilians in a bid to escape the coming massacre that they feared would happen when Nod forces started attacking the city and attempted to escape the city towards GDI controlled territory to the north. But when the GDI forces arrived they quickly discovered the Nod forces massacring these people. They did battle with many Nod soldiers who were dispersed across the area hunting down fleeing civilian rebels as they fought their way towards the outskirts of Bialystok itself.
They eventually arrived at the outskirts of Bialystok and made contact with fellow GDI soldiers who provided them with reinforcements drawn from their own forces. Thus reinforced they defeated all the Nod forces in the area securing the city for the GDI.
Having secured control of Bialystok, the GDI forces were soon in Warsaw and took control of all of north-eastern Poland. If James Solomon were present in Poland then they would have overrun the country but if not then their advance would have ended at Warsaw.
The fighting that had proceeded Nod's expulsion from the city had left much of the city and it's surrounding villages heavily damaged. In this context it was not easy for the GDI to simply deny the accusations raised against them by Greg Burdette of having committed the Bialystok massacre.
Indeed while the defense of Białystok was a success, the Brotherhood of Nod's propaganda division managed to turn the capture of Bialystok into a public relations disaster for the Global Defense Initiative. As a result the UN had cut GDI's funding, leaving the organisation weakened both financially and politically.
The true responsibility for the Bialystok massacre or even if it happened at all is unknown. It could be that the entire massacre was fabricated and given credibility by the damage to the city. Or it could be that the accounts are completely true, GDI forces did at some point after the battle massacre a village near Bialystok for being Tiberium smugglers. The most likely thing that happened is that Nod forces did indeed commit a massacre as seen in the mission itself.
The decision of James Solomon to move into Poland allowed the GDI forces to advance beyond Warsaw and conquer the whole of Poland. But at the same time Nod forces were able, thanks to the defection of Austria to overrun all the areas of Germany not presently under their control.
James Solomon would now have to move into Germany in order to liberate that nation from Nod rule....
- The completion of this mission requires that all Nod forces on the map must be destroyed. Make sure to check the trees, Nod infantry maybe hiding behind them.
- When the mission starts, the GDI forces will be confronted by a group of Nod minigunners and rocket soldiers. Let the starting force eliminate them all as is.
- Following that, move the units east to the bridge. Use the Humvees and APC to eliminate the buggy, and the minigunners to finish off the rocket soldiers. Once all Nod forces on the eastern side are dealt with, head back to the starting location.
- Head south through the gap then east past the water crossing to meet more Nod forces. Keep the units together while fighting buggies and minigunners, and use APCs or minigunners to eliminate the rocket infantry. Once those forces are dealt with, pack up the infantry on the APC and move past the south bridge to enter the town.
- When the town is reached, reinforcements will arrive from the western side. Move them east to the entrance and use all of the GDI units to fend off the Nod attack.
- If the Nod forces are wiped out but the mission does not end, move east or backtrack to check for any remaining Nod units. The mission should end once all Nod troops are eliminated.
- Westwood Studios, Command & Conquer. GDI mission 4a: "capture the village"