GDIRigArmor (100% Cannon, 75% Rocket, 25% Grenade, 25% Gun, 1% Sniper)
GDI war factory|
Unpack to Battle Base
|“||Let's pack it up and roll out!
- A GDI Soldier in Albania
One of the most unique power projection systems in the world, the Rig is a vehicle that is designed to roll deep into enemy territory and quickly deploy into a heavily armed Battle Base structure. Equipped with Guardian cannons and a missile launcher, the Battle Base is capable of engaging enemy vehicles and aircraft. As an added bonus, Rigs carry a complement of auto-drones for making field repairs to GDI vehicles. The Rig/Battle Base Combination is ideal for claiming and holding terrain, enabling GDI field commanders to employ a classic "Clear and Hold" strategy for securing Tiberium fields or gradually taking over an objective area.
The Rig's main role is to provide on-site repairs and defense for friendly forces. Upon deployment, the Rig would expand and deploy its three repair drones, twin Guardian Cannons and its roof-mounted SAM turret. Once deployed, the so-called 'Battle Base' would hold down a position and fend off enemy attacks.
Since it is unlikely to fend off threats on its own, friendly vehicles and infantry should be on stand by to lend additional support when required, and provide escort in-transit, as the Rig has no means of defense whilst mobile.
The Rig can also detect stealth units after being deployed, and its drones may also repair nearby aircraft. It has its own power supply, allowing it to continue functioning even when a blackout occurs.
|Deploy||Orders the Rig to unpack into a Battle Base. This ability can only be activated on flat terrain with sufficient open ground for the Rig to set up (Ctrl+A).|
- Tiberium Wars patch 1.05: acceleration and deceleration times reduced, making the unit more maneuverable
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.01:
- packed hit points increased 33%
- unpack/pack time decreased 40%
- Kane's Wrath patch 1.02: unpacked hit points increased from 5000 to 5500
- Rig, ready to move out!
- Rig, packed up and ready!
- Ready for that battle base!
- We got it all right here!
- Where we settin' this up?
- Rig here!
- Base defenses all packed up!
- Got it!
- Where we goin'?
- Let make it good!
- No wasting time now!
- Who's shooting at me?
- Can't stay here!
- Let's hurry up!
- Electronic Arts Los Angeles, Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars. GDI Weapons, Tactics, and Systems, "Rig Deployment into a Forward Battle Base".