|Rocket-Propelled Grenade Upgrade|
Rocket Propelled Grenade launcher
The RPG module could offer powerful long range anti-armour bombardment defense. It was effective at holding not just Tick tanks and other armoured threats at bay, but also infantry, which the RPG could kill in a few direct hits. While effective against most threats, RPG upgrades lacked the accuracy of the Nod Obelisk of Light. The turret shoots explosive shells that explode on impact, giving splash damage to anything within its blast radius.
The cost of the structure meant that GDI had to deploy them more carefully although it was far cheaper than the Obelisk of Light. They did suffer from minimum range disadvantage and inaccuracy, making it possible for Nod's Attack cycle to rush them, however GDI could pair these with Vulcan cannon upgrades to balance this weakness. Other disadvantages included it had no anti-air defense and has rather average armor. Nod artillery made good answer to them alone.
They were replaced by the Guardian cannon, which was far more accurate, faster-firing, equally durable and railgun-upgradable, but also significantly more expensive and less powerful shot-for-shot.
- Cheaper than Obelisk of Light, its Nod counterpart
- Much faster rate of fire than the Obelisk of Light
- Strong against groups of ground units of almost any type
- Low power consumption for an advanced base defense
- Does splash damage
- Average armor and durability
- Relatively inaccurate
- Cannot hit targets below minimum effective range
- Outranged by Nod Artilleries
- Vulnerable to airstrikes
- In the Firestorm expansion, the direction for the turret sprite is incorrectly aligned, making it appear as if the projectile is exiting the side panel rather than the actual openings. This oversight was never revised in any version of the game.