|For other uses, see Scorpion.|
|“||Scorpion ready to sting
- Scorpion tank when deployed
- 1 Background
- 2 Abilities
- 3 Game unit
- 4 Changelog
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 See also
- 10 References
Allegedly designed by Brother Marcion, the Scorpion Tank is Nod's de facto main battle tank. Emphasizing speed and fire rate over armor, the Scorpion is a poor matchup against heavier GDI vehicles, but can hold its own against the ubiquitous GDI Predator Tank.
Scorpion tank is a specialty anti-vehicle unit that excels at taking down light vehicles and harvesters. It moves fast for a main battle tank, but to achieve this, they have lighter armor.
The ability to fire while moving allows the Scorpion to circle around and shoot at its target all while avoiding the fire of the defending units. It also allows multiple tanks to attack even when they are on a single tile. With this formation multiple Scorpion tanks can take out even the heaviest armor.
The lock-on ability and the long fire cooldown makes Scorpion very suitable for kiting, where the Scorpion moves into the firing range, gets a lock on, moves out to safety and then fires, allowing the Scorpion to take minimal damage.
Scorpion tanks are often used to harass harvesters. If a tank boosted with Fanaticism gets into the firing range of a harvester, it is almost guaranteed to destroy it.
The tank is vulnerable to all anti-vehicle infantry, notably Missile squads, which are capable of easily destroying a tank, and in numbers can make a impenetrable wall. Inability to target air allows any anti-vehicle aircraft to pressure Scorpions with impunity.
- 2018-06-28: Rate of fire increased by 20%
- 2019-02-06: Health decreased to 2325 (was 2400)
- 2019-03-13: Cost increased to 70 (was 60)
- 2019-04-03: Damage to Infantry reduced to 96 (was 105)
- 2019-05-01: Add 0.25 second lock-on timer
- Damage increased to 646 (was 600)
- Health decreased to 2197 (was 2400)
- Scorpion ready to sting
- Scorpion tank ready to strike
- Scorpion ready to hunt
- Scorpion tank reporting
- Scorpion ready
- Scorpion moving
- Taking position
- Tank on the move
- Scorpion rolling
When moving to attack favorably
- Their end is near
- Sting in the tail
- We will not yield
When moving to attack neutral
- Let's see if this cannon works
- As you command
- Scorpion striking
When moving to attack unfavorably
- A worthy sacrifice
- A glorious death
When unable to attack target
- Can't strike that
- Heavy cannon ineffective
- Glory to Nod!
- For the brotherhood!
- Blowing them apart
When under attack
- The tank is designed after the Scorpion tank in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.
- Scorpion tanks was developed by the Brotherhood as a response to the GDI Predator.
- Uses heavy scorpion idioms. Female.