Sentry Drone: basic, upgrade with Sentry Drone Gun
Machine gun (upgrade)
8 (Comanche Vulcan)
60 (50 if badly damaged)
|Upgrades||Sentry drone gun Drone armor|
Sentry Drones are very fast. When not moving, they enter stealth mode. The are also able to detect other stealth units. When upgraded Sentry Drones gain access to a 20mm autocannon. Rumor has it that the Chinese General Leang also had the ability to construct sentry drones.
|Sentry Drone Gun||Upgrades all Sentry Drones with 20mm machine guns.||Purchasable at any USA War Factory in Zero Hour for $800|
|Drone Armor||Increases Sentry Drones' armor by 25%.||Purchasable at any Strategy Center for $500|
Individual Sentry Drones are vulnerable to most other vehicles, and in particular enemy armour, which their machine guns are next to useless against. They take up one unit space on Chinooks allowing them to be deployed in several per transport. They are most effective at guarding supply piles and destroying unarmed dozers, supply trucks, and GLA workers.
It suffers from a delayed response to commands, making Humvees more practical to use as scouts. Sentry Drones are unarmed by default and quite costly; being limited machines, they can not gain battlefield experience and veterancy. They are, however, indeed quite useful as sentries. Positioned around a base they can detect any stealthy infantry units attempting infiltration, and then gun them down. Jarmen Kell and Hijackers, in particular, are easy prey for the drones as they have no defense against them.
- Available early in the game
- Cannot be hijacked or depiloted
- Stealthed when stationary
- Stealth detection
- Fast moving
- Can be upgraded with Sentry Drone Gun to give it an anti-infantry attack
- Can be upgraded with Drone Armor to improve durability
- Cannot gain veterancy
- Weak armor
- Has a delayed response to commands
- Cannot attack without Sentry Drone Gun upgrade
- The sentry drone appears to be a larger version of the TALON robot presently used by the US military, with a larger size to accommodate the upgrade for a 20mm autocannon.
- TALON at Wikipedia