|“||I'm Seth. Just Seth. From God, to Kane, to Seth.
Seth was a high-ranking Brotherhood of Nod officer, Kane's second in command, and the first superior of the Nod Commander during the First Tiberium War. He takes his name from the biblical Seth, the third son of Adam. Seth provided briefings for lower ranking Nod officers.
|“||Well done. You are truly becoming Kane's favorite. How would you like to ensure your place in the highest echelons of Nod? Surely you are ambitious enough to take on a mission of tremendous magnitude. Your goal is so secret even Kane knows nothing of it yet. You see, power shifts quickly in the Brotherhood. I've taken the liberty of dispatching your troops to the U.S. Kane's been loath to attack America, but I feel that it's time, and that you're the one to do it. This is the Pentagon. A full frontal attack with your strongest forces should render their military center of opera-
- Seth's final attempt to eliminate the Commander, only to be discovered and executed by Kane(src)
Seth's ambition and ruthlessness in combat earned him a place as Kane's second in command. He could be a powerful ally, but Nod commanders were warned to never trust him fully.
Seth was an ambitious man, wary of other competent commanders with such a trait, who irritated him. This becomes evident when Seth passes the order to an up-and-coming commander to destroy a civilian village, and remarks that there should be only scientists lurking about, while in reality, there's a fully staffed GDI base in the vicinity. Given Nod's intelligence gathering skills, this misinformation was deliberate. Seth later tried to send the commander to attack Washington, D.C., an act that "even Kane knew nothing of". Obviously planning a coup, it was also likely that Seth planned for the Commander to fail in the attack, thus eliminating a rival. Before the Commander could embark on his mission, Seth was shot in the head by Kane during the transmission, who cancelled the mission order afterwards.
|“||Yes... power shifts more quickly than some people think... I am Kane.
- Kane introduces himself, shortly after executing Seth(src)
Instead of simply being disposed of in some manner, his corpse was kept perfectly preserved inside a machine, as a warning to anyone who would dare circumvent Kane's authority. Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker found his preserved body while attempting to rescue Sydney Moebius in the Cairo Temple of Nod. Presumably Seth's body was lost in the destruction of the Temple of Nod in Cairo during the final days of the First Tiberium War.
Behind the scenes
- In Abrahamic tradition, Seth was born after the killing of Abel by Cain. Seth was legendarily long-lived and fathered many children, being the ancestor to righteous ones.
- Seth was played by Eric Gooch.
- Seth is a selectable commander in Command & Conquer: Rivals. He is able to deploy flame troopers anywhere on the battlefield via drill pod.
- Despite Seth's famous introduction as "Seth, just Seth", the German game ending video credits the German voice actor for the role of "Uriah Seth". Logically, the only place where the German team could have gotten this name was the original script they received for translation.
Seth quotes from Command & Conquer: Rivals:
- I am Kane's favorite.
- From God, to Kane, to Seth.
- My ambition knows no bounds.
- I'm Seth, just Seth.
- There is no stopping you, is there?
- You are ambitious.
- You are starting to annoy me.
- I deserve success!
- How is that possible?
- Didn't see that coming!
- No one sneaks up on me.
- I am in control.
- I'm going to heat things up!
- Scorch the battlefield!
- Command and Conquer: Rivals – Official Gameplay Overview. EA YouTube channel. June 9, 2018
- Customization is Coming to Rivals