The Slingshot is a rare GDI vehicle unit in Command & Conquer: Rivals.
The Slingshot is a mobile anti-air weapons platform utilizing GDI hover technology. Advanced radar systems allow the Slingshot to track and engage airborne targets at extreme ranges, enabling effective and cost-efficient air cover for GDI ground forces.
- Has extremely high Attack Speed
- Has Attack Range of 2.
Slingshot is a long-range anti-aircraft vehicle. It can easily shred through light aircraft, especially drones. Against heavier aircraft Slingshot will do significant damage before they can even close the distance. Alone will not be able to stand against bombers or anti-vehicle tech aircraft.
The long-range allows it to support other ground units in a fortress without a need to chase down the targets.
Slingshot is vulnerable to all anti-vehicle ground units. Leaving it alone in the field is a sure way to lose it. Placing ground units in front of the Slingshot can protect it from ground threats while the Slingshot keeps the sky clear.
The inability to target ground units makes Slingshot only good for holding pads when there are no air units to target. If a more versatile anti-air unit is required, Pitbull is a better alternative.
- Balance update 2019-06-05:
- Speed increased to Fast (was Average)
- Can now hover over lakes
- Balance update 2019-06-27:
- Cost decreased to 40 (was 50)
- Balance update 2019-07-31:
- Cost increased to 50 (was 40)
- Balance update 2019-09-12:
- Health decreased to 1500 (was 1800)
- Cost increased to 60 (was 50)
- Anti-air, ready to roll
- Slingshot, eyes on the sky
- Slingshot monitoring
- Ready for action!
- Watching the horizon
- Slingshot's guns are loaded
- Hovercraft engaged
- Moving out
- Anti-air, relocating
When moving to attack favorably
- Lock and load!
- Slingshot will bring them down!
- Firing solution locked
When moving to attack unfavorably
When unable to attack target
- No targeting solution
- Can't target
- Clipping their wings
- Knocking them out of the sky
- Filling them full of holes
When under attack
- Slingshot under attack
- Slingshot in jeopardy
- Anti-air exposed