The damage is too extensive!
Soviet battle lab (Red Alert 2) has been marked for cleanup.
The Battle Lab was the successor of the Tech Center, allowing commanders to pursue the research and development of advanced units and structures. It could preform computer simulations allowing much better theorizing of possible technological developments involving warfare. It cost $2000 to build one and required a fair amount of power. The units that it researched and developed for were given upgrades and more parts.
In the conflict with Yuri, Battle Labs could also create a Force Field on any building, although it channelled these fields through the bases power system which would leave the base without power for a short time thus this was usually a last resort, usually only used to defend against superweapons.
Soviet Battle Lab
The Soviet Battle Lab provided parts for the following units and structures:
- Kirov airship
- Apocalypse tank
- Siege chopper
- Nuclear reactor
- Psychic sensor (Lost when Yuri defected.)
- Cloning vat (Lost when Yuri defected.)
- Industrial plant
- Iron Curtain
- Nuclear missile silo
A Battle Lab holds large amount of data regarding a faction's technological research. If a spy can infiltrate a Battle Lab, he is able to extract some of that data, giving the commander access to a new unit which utilised a fusion of both sides' technology.
A list of units acquired when a spy infiltrates a Soviet Battle Lab is as follows:
- Requires any Barracks. Gain control of a Spy to infiltrate a Soviet Battle Lab.
Psi commando (only available in Third World War):
- Requires Allied Barracks. Gain control of a Spy to infiltrate a Soviet Battle Lab.
Yuri Prime (Red Alert 2) (only available in Third World War):
- Requires Soviet Barracks. Gain control of a Spy to infiltrate a Soviet Battle Lab.
- The Soviet battle lab's design bears slight resemblances to main building of Moscow State University.