|“||Tick tock, Commander. I've got a Proton Collider with your name on it, and there's not a bloody thing you can do about it.
- Giles Price
The Final Countdown is a side challenge in Commander's Challenge.
It is a dangerous world we live in indeed, if a man such as that Commander Giles is authorized to use the Proton Collider. Why not teach him a few safety lessons for everyone's sake? We should learn much about the Allies' superweapons program in the process. Just be careful - this place is far enough away from civilization that Giles isn't going to think twice about using that thing against you, if he has enough time to get it warmed up. Worse, it seems he may have access to more than one...
FutureTech is ordered to steal the Proton Collider as their Commander is sent to the Atlantic Ocean. Over there, five Allied bases are led by none other than Giles Price who stalls three on large islands and two on smaller islands north-east of the player's position. The Commander despite hearing that Giles Price had some Proton Colliders counting down to zero in launching them, must use naval forces or a Commando from any faction to destroy the five Allied bases to rubble. Once they are down, Giles Price would say that next time, he will have a different weapon better than the Proton Collider. FutureTech believes that a weapon of theirs is still needed to be unlocked, which is the Future Tank X-1 from all three Allied Commanders held in the Soviet Union as their main Command Center.
- If playing as Rising Sun, the best way to attack is by rushing and constructing Shogun battleships to destroy Giles' bases.
- Do not rush using VX transforming vehicles because he will send Apollo fighters to your base and kill them all
- If playing as Allies, an Assault destroyer rush combined with Aircraft carrier rush is wise
- If playing as Soviets rush Stingrays
- Don't use air units as stated above
- If Tanya is unlocked, she can be very effective since Giles' structures are built very close together.
The name of the mission is a reference to a song of the same name.