Tiberium universe timeline
This is a composite timeline of all events of the Tiberium universe, including all released and even some unreleased games. By all accounts, it is probably the most complete timeline compiled so far.
- 1 Tiberium Timeline
- 1.1 3875 BC
- 1.2 1800 BC
- 1.3 1914 -1918 AD
- 1.4 1924
- 1.5 Early 1950s
- 1.6 After Second World War
- 1.7 1994
- 1.8 1995
- 1.9 1996
- 1.10 1997
- 1.11 Late 1990s
- 1.12 2000
- 1.13 2006
- 1.14 2009
- 1.15 2017
- 1.16 2019
- 1.17 2020s
- 1.18 2023
- 1.19 2025
- 1.20 2027
- 1.21 2030
- 1.22 Early 2030s
- 1.23 2034
- 1.24 2035
- 1.25 2036
- 1.26 2037
- 1.27 2038
- 1.28 2039
- 1.29 2040
- 1.30 2042
- 1.31 2043
- 1.32 2046
- 1.33 2047
- 1.34 2052
- 1.35 2058
- 1.36 2062
- 1.37 2064
- 1.38 2065
- 1.39 2066
- 1.40 2068
- 1.41 2069
- 1.42 2070
- 1.43 2071
- 1.44 2072
- 1.45 2073
- 1.46 2074
- 1.47 2075
- 1.48 2076
- 1.49 2077
- 2 References
- According to Biblical accounts, Cain murders his brother Abel, becoming the first murderer in the world.
1914 -1918 AD
- World War I started by assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by Gavrillo Princip, member of the Serbian Black Hand movement, in Sarajevo.
- Second World War: Without Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union grew powerful under Stalin. Believing that it is the Soviet Union's birthright to take over the world, Stalin ordered the invasion of Western Europe. In order to resist Soviet aggression, the nations of Europe formed the Allied Forces, and started a guerrilla war against the invading Soviet army. The Allied Nations successfully pushed the Soviet invaders back to Moscow, decisively ending the war. Stalin dies by suffocation under the ruins of Moscow.
- Discussions within the United Nations to form a global defense agency begins. This agency would become "Special Operations Group Echo, Black Ops 9", the predecessor to the Global Defense Initiative.
After Second World War
- The Soviet Union collapses; reorganising into 15 independent states, with Russia being the largest and the most powerful of them.
- United States Congress begins an investigation of several large defense corporations. Close ties to the Brotherhood of Nod are revealed.
- Tiberium meteor impacts the Earth.
- The Brotherhood of Nod emerges as a superpower.
- October 12: The Global Defense Initiative is founded in accordance with the United Nations Global Defense Act.
- The ion cannon research budget is approved by the United Nations. Development begins, headed by Dr Wong Hu Chan.
- The Second World Tiberium Economic Impact Summit in Hong Kong takes place.
- The First Tiberium War erupts.
- July 23 1844 Zulu: In a 9 to 3 vote, the United Nations ways and means committee suspends GDI funding, responding to a fabricated news report about a GDI attack on Bialystok in Poland.
- The first Computer Assisted Biologically Augmented Lifeform prototype is damaged in an ion cannon strike against the Cairo Temple of Nod.
- Project ReGenesis shut down.
- Otani-Lincoln Laboratories presents its offer to GDI; signs a 100 year contract for the development of All Terrain Structures.
- Otani-Lincoln Laboratories receives its first contract from GDI for the development of semi-autonomous structures.
- GDI began globally evacuating and relocating unexposed civilians in Tiberium-infested regions of the planet.
- The Disruptor Tank prototype is publicly unveiled, the unveiling ceremony is broadcast from the Philadelphia to over fifty countries.
- Anniversary of the Temple of Nod's destruction, GDI officially terminates investigation into the circumstances of Kane's death and declares Kane to be dead, though an anonymous GDI top advisor confirmed that a body was never found.
- An ion storm hits a GDI evacuation center in Bogota, Columbia, killing more than thirty people. More than twenty mutants went missing after the storm. Mutant leader Tratos condemned GDI's lack of response and claimed that his people have been abducted by Nod.
- South America Firestorm, 5000 square miles of one of the last remaining forests on Earth are devastated in a firestorm that lasts for weeks.
- GDI commandos raid Nod Tiberium research facility, where over fifty Tiberium-infected civilians were detained for experimentation. Statistics show a significant increase in the numbers of proven Nod testing facilities.
- Supply convoy headed for GDI Antarctic evacuation compounds lost due to massive break-up of a frozen lake, killing 75 men and destroying six million dollars worth of supplies. Nod sabotage suspected.
- Nod commandos storm a GDI armory located north of Munich, arms local Forgotten population to fight against GDI.
- Fire breaks out in GDI super tunnel, at least 50 civilians killed.
- 60,000 GDI soldiers move into Europe to ensure the safe evacuation of hundreds of thousands of civilians to Arctic regions after peace talks with Nod broke down.
- Nod hackers crack into GDI official website and divert visitors to Nod website, causing a rise in public sentiment towards the Brotherhood.
- Otani-Lincoln Laboratories deploys their first fully functional semi-autonomous structures, a series of barracks.
- Jannero Drake is assassinated.
- GDI adopts the principle of Deep Industrial Design, in order to create strong recognizable silhouettes that facilitate immediate unit identification on the battlefield. This change brings about an 85% decrease in friendly fire incidents.
- January 12: EVA compiles a report for General James Solomon concerning the theoretical Second Tiberium War.
- Brotherhood emerges once again as a superpower following reunification by Anton Slavik.
- September 2: Kane broadcasts to Philadelphia, hacking its communication channels, announcing his return. Second Tiberium War begins.
- December: Second Tiberium War ends. Kane is "killed" by Michael McNeil and stored by CABAL in a stasis tube.
- December 12: Michael McNeil and Anton Slavik log their thoughts about the Second Tiberium War.
- Firestorm Crisis erupts as CABAL rebels when a massive ion storm ravages the Earth. Tiberium growth estimates indicate that within a year, Earth will be unable to support human life. The Firestorm Crisis is resolved when CABAL was defeated by joint GDI/Nod strikes on his central core.
- 2032: Tacitus fragments are recovered by GDI and somehow merge into one. Doctor Gabriella Boudreau recovers a massive amount of data from the alien device.
- Anton Slavik succeeds Kane as leader of Nod, this draws significant attention to the previously secretive Black Hand and causes a schism within the Brotherhood. Brother Marcion, manipulated by a GDI agent who infiltrated the Brotherhood in the guise of an orthodox Nod fanatic, orders the assassination of Slavik. The death of Slavik fragments the Brotherhood, Marcion leads the Black Hand into self-imposed exile into Australia.
- The Tacitus is transferred to the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, where GDI continued attempts to interface with it. However, progress was slow.
- Rio Insurrection - inspired by Nod loyalists, the impoverished slum dwellers of Rio de Janeiro rise up against GDI.
- Persuasion of Marcion - Marcion is captured by Nod forces loyal to Kane, and becomes the figurehead leader of Nod, allowing Kane to continue operating behind the scenes.
- Raid on Liquid Tiberium Facility - GDI Liquid Tiberium research facility destroyed by Black Hand forces, causing a Liquid Tiberium detonation that contaminated much of Central Australia, turning it into a Red Zone. This disaster reveals the existence of the top-secret facility to the general public, and the ensuing PR nightmare ends the already controversial research project.
- February 16: Chief Engineer A. Sarkov releases a technical briefing/memorandum on the principles of next-gen GDI design.
- Cologne begins running strategic simulations for the city. It never rates as above "minor strategic value".
- March 12: Mammoth Mk. II's production comes to an end, despite protests. Mammoth 27 is scheduled to be put in production at Reykjavik, Iceland.
- Battle of San Vicente in Argentina: OLL deploys their first fully automatic War Factory in the field.
- In a show of goodwill towards the vanished mutant population, G-330X habitat modules are deployed by GDI on the borders of Red Zones.
- Due to minimal Nod activity over the globe, GDI closes 60% of their bases worldwide.
- Intense preparations for the Third Tiberium War begin in Australia, under the command of Kilian Qatar.
- May 27: The last CABAL bunker is destroyed.
- May 28: INN broadcasts Passing Thoughts with Constance Fitchaven, with a feature on the Mutant Exodus.
- In preparation for the Third Tiberium War, LEGION leads a Nod incursion into GDI's South African orbital weapons research center, to procure ion cannon access codes.
- The process of GDI becoming a superstate reaches its final stages - while there are still technically individual Member Nations, the reality is that GDI has become a unified political and military super-state.
- March: The GDSS Philadelphia is destroyed by a Nod nuclear weapon, the Third Tiberium War begins.
- Temple Prime destroyed by an ion cannon strike, which ignites the liquid Tiberium deposit underneath, creating a massive, multi-megaton explosion.
- The Scrin invasion begins after the liquid Tiberium explosion at Sarajevo.
- Defeat of the Scrin in Italy and destruction of the Relay Node.
- The Third Tiberium War ends with Kane achieving his goal of capturing a Threshold, the Scrin being driven from Earth, and GDI successfully defending its territory.
- The Marked of Kane are activated . Rumors of cyborg activity spread like wildfire.
- The Tacitus becomes dangerously unstable due to GDI experiments, close to the point of self-destruction.
- In an assault on the Rocky Mountains Complex with back up from the Black Hand, Nod forces successfully capture the Tacitus.
- The city of New Eden is consumed by the rapidly expanding North European Tiberium field.
- A GDI military unit is ambushed and destroyed in Red Zone 483 by Nod-aligned local militia.
|The following is based on the cancelled game TIBERIUM and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- Rapid Assault and Intercept Deployment forces led by FBC Ricardo Vega battle a second Scrin invasion in Italy.
- June 14: With humanity on the brink of extinction, Kane presents an offer to the GDI council in Manchester, Great Britain. Nod and GDI form an alliance for the second time in history.
- The Incursion War between Nod Separatists and GDI begins.
- GDI begins development of a next-generation airborne battlecruiser.
- GDI puts a new line of personal protection suits into service - the semi-final generation of Zone Armour, an upgrade from the Third Tiberium War suits.
- SA-1 Orca enters service.
- The global stratospheric waste disposal fleet is fully functional and enters service, marking the beginning of the GST development.
- AT-6 flame tank enters service.
- AHV-8 Sandstorm enters service.
- Battle of Waukesha.
- AT-22 Hunter enters service.
- Christian Pierce comes to BZ-11 to create a new life for himself. After saving Evelyn Rios from an assassination attempt, he is recruited into its special forces.
- AW-12 Mastodon enters service.
- The GDIS Michael McNeil destroys fortified Obelisks in Africa, marking the first major deployment of the Kodiak-class Battlecruiser.
- The Separatists gain the upper hand against GDI after forming an alliance.
- Due to the Separatist's advantage, Nod phases out the Isis-class Obelisk of Light almost completely.
- GDI creates the first crawler.
- Henry Liu locates the headquarters of Echo, a GDI covert R&D division, with a working Obelisk of Darkness inside. Alyssa is sent by Kane to recover the technology and stop GDI interference without casting shadow on the Prophet.
- Battle of Gerlach Flats.
- AT-414 Refractor enters service.
- GDI seemingly defeats the Separatists, driving them underground.
- The Anubis-class Obelisk of Light enters service.
- Elias Caruso dies.
- Nod Separatists regroup and attack Paris. Incursion War enters the final phase.
- Gideon attempts to destroy Chicago with the GST Methuselah. The crisis is averted by Christian Pierce with the GSC Kennedy, but he is captured in the process.
- Gideon forces Pierce to acquire a "GDI database" from the New York Public Library.
- After retrieving the database, Pierce is confronted and killed by Kane, who seizes the database.
- Nod Crawlers enter service.
- Brother Alphus betrays Kane during initial field tests of Nod crawlers and disappears with them into the Tiberium wastelands.
- SG-11 Salamander enters service.
- AT-5 stealth tank enters service.
- May 1: The TCN is completed - GDI and Nod host a ceremony to celebrate this fact. Gideon disrupts the ceremony. Ascension Conflict begins.
- May 6: New Adana is attacked by Nod Separatists.
- May 8 : GST Tzadik is shot down in the Tin City area.
- May 9: Colonel Louise James attempts a coup d'état against Evelyn Rios and Wesley Riggs in New Adana.
- May 10: Gideon kills Johann Pascal.
- May 10: GDI forces under the command of Daniel Stojack open fire on a Yellow Zone orphanage.
- May 11: The Ascension Conflict ends and the TCN is activated. Kane and much of the Brotherhood of Nod disappear from the Earth, with all the Tiberium on the planet being removed, restoring the world fully to Blue Zone status. TCN continues to provide Tiberium energy/resources for the world at large.