DIRECT DOWNLOAD (229.89 MB): https://www.moddb.com/addons/start/79310
A massive pack featuring 255 variations of the official maps in Red Alert 3.
All bundled into an easy installer written specifically for this map pack.
With each variation, a new challenge awaits you in either MP or SP Skirmish.
Are you tired of the same repetitive battles on great detailed official maps? Looking for a more difficult brutal AI? Then this pack is for you!
There are a total of 5 variations per official map;
1) No Superweapons;
2) No Superweapons+No Upgrades+No Air Units;
3) No Air Units;
4) Infantry Only;
and 5) Tanks Only.
Included are the scripts I created plus the art used to create this pack for other mappers/modders interested. Please READ MORE for more details!
Total Maps in this pack: 255
Total Variations per map: 5
PACK SIZE: 229 MB
INSTALL SIZE: 627 MB
THESE MAPS AND ART ARE THE SOLE CREATION OF ELECTRONIC ARTS LTD, COPYRIGHT ©2008 EA Los Angeles. UPRISING MAP PORTS BY BIBBER. THESE VARIATIONS ARE MANY YEARS IN THE MAKING THROUGH SCRIPTING WITH WORLDBUILDER.
No Superweapons (NO SW):
This is pretty self-explanatory. Allied, Soviet & Empire OTRS superweapons have been DISABLED.
The idea of No Superweapons is to balance (and extend) the later end-game gameplay.
No Aircraft (NO AIR)
Also self-explanatory, and I also DISABLED the ability to build Anti Air structures and Units dedicated to AA.
This mode is perfect for large base building, as you are restricted to purely ground units.
The inclusion of ITEM and WEAPON DROPS, plus SUPERWEAPONS is more than enough to even the battlefield.
As Allies need the Airfield for critical non-Air Unit related tech progression, I have set a flag for the Allied Tech Facility structure to be buildable without meeting prerequisites. This was a better workaround than being able to build a useless Airfield that was basically a $2000 token to unlock the Tech Facility. The full cost still implies, however, I recommend not building it right off the bat due to lack of funds you have.
No Superweapons, No Upgrades AND No Aircraft (NO SW/NO AIR)
A combination of the above 2, plus NO Upgrades. My personal favourite map variation in Red Alert 3.
ITEM and WEAPON DROPS, plus SUPERWEAPONS are all DISABLED.
This is also the best mode for large base building and tower defence style.
Note that the No Aircraft here is more like a NO FLY ZONE because of the upgrades being DISABLED.
Infantry Only (INF ONLY)
Again this one explains itself. Pure infantry, most Naval units DISABLED but some are included in need for travelling across water areas.
No War Factories can be built, no Airfields, and Anti-AA and Anti-Tank defences are also DISABLED.
Tanks Only (TANKS ONLY)
Another self-explained variation. The difference with Infantry Only is that building light base defenses is allowed here.
All other unit types (except minor naval) are DISABLED.
- This pack includes the official Uprising Expansion maps for your battle pleasure in vanilla Red Alert 3 without the need for mods. Those Uprising map ports are by Bibber.
- Original official RA3 & Uprising maps by; Jeremy Feasel, Scott C. Smith, Amir Rao, Jeff Stewart and Greg Black.
- Every Uprising ported map is subject to issues in vanilla RA3 due to the way I've done this.
- Also I originally included all the official BONUS maps (CollectorsEd maps, PreOrder maps etc) and their respective variations, but I came across a big problem with RA3, not being able to load more than about 320 maps into the skirmish map list.
- Through much trial and error I worked out the crashes I was experiencing were due to the AMOUNT of maps, not their total sizes, or any broken maps etc.
- These work on Digital (Steam, Origin) & Retail (Disc, other) copies of RA3.
- It is also MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE! NOTE: YOU AND THE OTHER PLAYERS ALL NEED THE SAME PACK INSTALLED TO WORK IN MP.
- Due to EA shutting down Gamespy servers, public official Multiplayer is no longer possible, however, you can still LAN this game through services like CNC-Net, Hamachi (LogMeIn VPN), Tuungle or similar.
- It is NOT compatible with RA3 Uprising. Sorry for this, but it is very time consuming on my own to do this for any CNC game, let alone all their expansions.
- I have included the scripts I created to make this pack possible. They should be located with the maps inside your AppData\Red Alert 3\Maps\_ULTIMATE RA3 OMV PACK\_SCRIPTS folder.
- I also included the 5 different Photoshop actions (and Droplets) I used to create the modded map art. Plus all of the installer art I created for this pack.
- There are a few issues with certain variations on maps where it is designed to utilise all or one specific different unit type. Naval maps with NO NAVY is a good example, however, I have tried my best to still include the ability for land units to travel across the water where applicable.
- Most of the time there's little hassle, but again, there are maps that are designed around the full extent of all the units and tech, so I advise you to play with caution.
I created this pack and these map variations because of the same limited options and tactics getting stale within the game over time.
Originally back in 2007, I started making "No superweapons" variants for CNC3 maps,
but even before then I had map these types of variations for my favourite maps in Zero Hour, Generals, RA2 etc
However, it is still very time consuming to load each map and create or load/debug/edit scripts I have previously created.
Then to change the ingame name, save the map, update the art, and actually playtest to make sure it is what I desired.
This pack wouldn't have been possible without music from Frank Klepacki or Steve Jablonsky.